All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: swift idle and ignition
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:28 pm 

Hey guys i just got a 1984 swift g13a 1.3 carby

Problems:
Idles high when warm
Ignition coil fuse blowing

What i know:
Idles fine cold but the warmer it gets the higher it idles, (choke was stuck with butterfly shut so i ziptied it open and then it would hesitate under load, leaning out i think. I havent been able to find a vacum leak yet but still looking. I turned the valve around abit playing with the angle and i seems to run good with the valve slightly open but still idle will go up when it gets hot. Im thinking its possible a vacuum leak in the intake and the power valve failing

Ignition coil fuse blows when not moving for to long like drive thrus and idling in the driveway, i dont think the fan is working so im wiring up a new one

Thanks everyone

Post subject: Re: swift idle and ignition
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:34 pm 

The fan works off a temperature sensor near the thermostat - only switches on when it's hot enough and then off again when it cools enough. Easy to test. Temp sensors fail - 'usually' the fans don't.

Vacuum gauge will tell you if you have a leak.

Could be a leaking EGR valve.

That's about as much as I know about the carby models. I have looked at another MK1 (same as yours) doing exactly the same idle thing. Doesn't blow fuses but can't pull the idle down. Couldn't see anything and last i saw the car, still had the idle issues. If you find something, please post back how you fixed it and I'll see if the other car is still round.