It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Honda k-series swap into m15a or not?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:06 pm 

Hello first post! big fan of the Noosa Hill climb just found out that DMW Dave ran in it a while back with his monster evo/swift/4x4! and just found out he's a local (BIG FAN) if your still around would love some input...

lets get into it.

Would love some attention form DMW Dave as it seems he's got a lot of knowledge in this area...Loo

Looking for best hp gains... Its a Suzuki swift extreme in green! =D> reeeeeal extreme suzuki.. :cry: :?:

so the m15a with 200,000 kms on it (still running like a dream always looked after it) I replaced the gearbox and the clutch last month next is coil overs... been driving it daily, drifting the smaller wet roundabouts, have my fun... but lets be honest t's not fast enough.. nearly bought something else v8 fat fast at stock, but stock is stock... I've become a swift lover. pulling that swift around bends is fun and I can imagine taking on the Noosa hillclimb in 1 one day.. Also I love giving the element of surprise to all especially those falcadores :O

So options?

I got a couple prices from the one stop suzi shop in Nerang for motors
80,000k m15a for $1000 or m16a with 80,000 for $1500 swapping the m16a into the m15a I know isn't the easiest.. but would probably pay the boys at one stop suzi shop if I go that way... not enough time to do the dirty work at the moment.

real question is which one should I go for if I want to turbo? and is turbo-ing a 80,000 smart?
I'm guessing probably not, but knowledge here is needed as I was leaning this way as turbo_ing the swift seems the most cost effective...

I've had Hondas and LOVE the tech of the v-tech. done many hours on them know them well,
and i had a dream of putting a k-series in the swift!?

Post subject: Re: Honda k-series swap into m15a or not?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:32 pm 

M series motors aren't a good base for turbocharging. Be prepared to spend big bucks, or in all honestly, buy a Honda Civic and enjoy endless access to aftermarket parts and big HP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:15 pm 

Thanks for the input [YLD80Y] I'll think about it I can believe it I'm worried the M may not be a good one for turbocharging either... Things can escalade quickly you're right. Would love to see if anyone has given the honda swift swap yet but. I guess I'm only looking for about 150HP+ at the wheels I think that would be enough for bit of fun around the track..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:21 pm 

I've done a k swap on my GTi, love it, the motor is amazing in a swift!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:59 pm 

mistral wrote:
I've done a k swap on my GTi, love it, the motor is amazing in a swift!

Wow thats impressive m8! must be a bit of fun ;) gti is a great base I reckon still looking alrighty and such a lightweight So Good! Im over in Michigan next week not far from you... drive safe in these icy times...

Well i wont be rollin as fazt as you is but DMW Dave is doing work on my little green swifty going for a turbo new/used engine and bits can't wait love the little swifty but it should move!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:38 am 

Nice work mate, keep us posted on the build! Maybe do up a thread in the "In The Build" section for us to watch. With DMWDave on board you should have a solid base to get you moving :)