It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:51 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: HELP NEEDED ASAP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:53 am 

HELP NEEDED ASAP......Hi all new to this group .been having a problem with my car a 1992 swift gti the car just won't start the fuel pump will not kick in off the ignition but when you wire it direct to a battery I works fine also getting 0 spark the coil is getting power but producing no spark. The car has been to a garage to be looked at for about 2 months but all they could figure out was that there is something causing a diode to blow in the ecu. Checked earths relays fuses all seems fine if any one could shed some light as to what could be causing this problem that would be very very much appriciated as the car has not been running for about 3 months just running out of ideas of what to try next need to get this problem solved. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:06 am 

Check the wiring to the air flow meter, they can sometimes end up rubbing on the water pump pulley shorting the ecu out and blowing one of the diodes in the ecu.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:30 am 

Hi thanks for the reply I checked that a while ago and found that that exact thing happened but it didn't go all the way through there was like thin wires running down the inside of the other wires if that makes sense so I just got some thin wire and wrapped it around to sort of join it back together and then taped over it don't no if that fix has worked as the car has blew 3 ecus and recommendations as how to do a proper fix? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:36 am 

Does that look like that would cause my problem?

Attachments:
File comment: HELP NEEDED ASAP......Hi all new to this group .been having a problem with my car a 1992 swift gti the car just won't start the fuel pump will not kick in off the ignition but when you wire it direct to a battery I works fine also getting 0 spark the coil is getting power but producing no spark. The car has been to a garage to be looked at for about 2 months but all they could figure out was that there is something causing a diode to blow in the ecu. Checked earths relays fuses all seems fine if any one could shed some light as to what could be causing this problem that would be very very much appriciated as the car has not been running for about 3 months just running out of ideas of what to try next need to get this problem
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.09 MiB | Viewed 99 times ]