It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Cappuccino G13B
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:54 pm 

Hey Guys!

I have a Cappuccino currently undergoing a G13B engine conversion at Beyond custom, my target is 200-260rwhp built as a daily and track/drift car.

The engine has been built to handle 28psi with a 1400cc Stroker Kit using 75mm Vitara Pistons

The workshop working on the car has mounted the G13B engine in and is currently fabricating some bits to fit properly everything else and should soon be getting to wiring up and tuning it in the coming weeks.

Following supporting mods yet to be installed:

Cusco 2Way MZ LSD
Cusco 6pnt Roll Cage
Spiegel PillowBall Coilover Suspension
15' Volk te37 copies 195/50/15

Currently setup with a IHI VF22 Turbo cause thats what the engine came with initially but am considering a more responsive turbo for the future. Im thinking of either a Borg Warner EFR turbo or a GT3071R Twin Scroll Turbo, will be expensive to setup but I think worth it. Anyone with knowledge/experience of the most responsive turbo setup please pm me! I'll be your new best friend! haha

Also trying to find out whats the best brake setup with the 15" te37 Volks, I would like to upgrade the rotors and calipers and am thinking of using the Wilwood DPHA's for the front and dunno about the back yet... with my limited knowledge of brake systems Im finding it hard to find info on brake options for the cappucino so anyhelp in this department would also be much appreciated! =)

Post subject: Re: Cappuccino G13B
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:14 am 

Welcome to the forum mate. Sounds like you have a real weapon being built there mate! We'd love to see some pics as you go :wink:

With your turbo question I would be looking at build that are similar power so the Zuboo or SRSGTI (PSIGTI) builds are a good bet for you to read through and see what they have found making similar (and bigger) HP figures.

The technical sections are full of info but these builds are your best bet on the latest Turbo tech.

Brake options for the Cappa I'd be looking to Japan for those as there is a lot out there for them. Check out Monster Sport and other tuners and see what they offer :)

Good luck with the build! It should be a seriously fast car when built!

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:50 am 

On another note does anyone know what the limit is for the Jimny Gearboxes? Im estimating the breakpoint around 250whp
Anyone know a good place in perth that can strengthen gearboxes i think I'll need to...

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 10:33 am 

Most buys with this kind of power use in a gti use the larger frame gearboxes (1300/1600AWD) with the gearset from the Swift Sport in them. Not sure how this gearset would go in the Jimny box, but I'd say it's worth a look.

Keen to see how this build goes! :)

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 1:35 pm 

I'm in the same boat with G13B to Jiminy gearbox, not really concerned about the 250 plus HP as I only plan for 200hp in the 700kg Cappo.(Cheap Traction control) What I would like is different ratios especially first gear. Jiminy box used as it bolts straight up to G13B and can reuse Cappo g/leaver remote. Would love a sequential box but Cappo tunnel to small and too many kids to feed. So if you or anyone has details of what options are available or what gear set will fit the older Jiminy box (pre 2003) with the remote type gear linkage please post reply or PM.