It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Mk2 and mk3 turbo builds
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:24 pm 

Hi guys i currently have a mk3 turbo gti that i have been using as my daily/project. Some time ago i also managed to get a really neat mk2 that was in need of alot of work. The previous owner had some issues so he had completly pulled apart the motor and started stripping the car before i bought it. For a steal. My 3rd gti is the gti formerly known as 55gti. After the original had been crashed, everything was put into a mk3 shell and as you can see its about 15 different colours. The car has passed through a few owners and came to me with some serious problems, so i also got this gti for a steal. My plans are to use the three gtis i have to make two nice ones, one for my daily and one for my weekender. First steps atm are to get the red one fixed and running properly before i even begin swapping parts around.

Im going overseas tomorrow and will be gone for almost 3 weeks but once i return home ill get stuck into these builds.ill post up more pics of each car and give a better description of what each of them are like. Any leftover parts from my builds will be donated to one of my mates which is considering building a turbo g13b cino.

Attachments:
File comment: Red mk2/3 turbo- gti formerly known as 55gti
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 143.42 KiB | Viewed 107 times ]
File comment: White mk2 shell
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 222.54 KiB | Viewed 100 times ]
File comment: Blue turbo mk3
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 154.55 KiB | Viewed 108 times ]

Post subject: Re: Mk2 and mk3 turbo builds
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:25 pm 

In the last few days ive returned from my holidays and begun working on the red gti. First step was to pull the head and change the headgasket.

For some reason im having trouble atm uploading pictures of the process.

Post subject: Re: Mk2 and mk3 turbo builds
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:35 pm 

I have also scored myself some evo 8 recaros, which i have been trying to find for quite some time. So im currently in the process of making a base plate for the rails so that they can be mounted in the blue gti.

Once i have the front seats fitted ill be removing the current black leather interior to have a custom rear seat made from the evo 8 rear seat i have.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 81.65 KiB | Viewed 66 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 87.03 KiB | Viewed 75 times ]