It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:54 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: My mk3 gti blue turd
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:16 pm 

Alright so ive been on this forum for a couple of years now, first car was a mh barina. As i drove this my dad had bought three swifts to turn into one, formally named Gonz whom was on this forum also. The swift then got passed down to me and i drove it for around 6 months before the timing belt snapped due to slight rubbing against the timing belt cover. This also made the cams grab at the head and in turn it was rooted, replaced the head aswell as cams to further drive it for another few weeks and blew a head gasket because dad put it on the wrong way...

never the less i got the shits and searched for a new car, picked up a honda civic fn2 with 20 thousand kms for 17k and the swift sat in the shed... decided to inspect all the gti parts dad had in his shed and found a turbo with manifold and a few pipes and other gear so i made him an offer he couldnt refuse.. his undying love for me was the price ;) He had problems turbocharging the swift when he had a hi comp engine it in and gave up so i thought id give it a go so this is where i am now, trying to source parts and slowly put the blue turd together and make it a monster!!

Today i pulled the front bumpers side fender and headlights off, removed the original throttle body and replaced it with an sr20tb and loosely put the manifold on and turbo to see how it fit..

mods to do!
; xr6 intercooler or close enough
oil and water lines braided of course
turbo chipped ecu
some sort of new ignition system
bov and boost controller
some neat guages
and make it stealth!!

car already has heavy duty gear box and clutch with an lsd and sway bars underneath, only going to push 7-8 pound out of turbo to start then ill rebuild engine and make it strong enough to push more out of it.
please bear in mind if you havent guessed already im new to this and i need all the help i can get.
thanks!!

Attachments:
swift 4.jpg
swift 4.jpg [ 2.57 MiB | Viewed 103 times ]
turbo.jpg
turbo.jpg [ 77.55 KiB | Viewed 104 times ]

Post subject: Re: My mk3 gti blue turd
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:47 am 

Hey bro, what's up. i was wonder where you got that hood scoop from. i have been looking for designs to put on my GTi as well