It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 am
Posts: 13
Location: Wollongong
Hey guys,
I brought a gti with a built engine, it still needs injectors and a computer, should I bother putting a sequential injection set up on it or just upgrade injectors and not worry about it? If so could anyone either tell me how or point me in the right direction? I had a look through the threads but I can seem to find anyone with a "How too" only photos of the finished product.
Cheers kieran


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 94.11 KiB | Viewed 3740 times ]

_________________
98 swift GTi turbo
97 cultus GTi AWD turbo
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:42 am
Posts: 244
Location: england
Defo need to see more pics of this!

Just get a standalone (adaptronic) ecu and sum 440cc supra injectors they plug straight into gti loom!

You running low comp?

Chopper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:19 pm
Posts: 1975
Location: Launceston, Tasmania
Good to see this car back on here! :)

To give you an idea my turbo build (making 177fwkw) uses a Haltech Sprint 500 ECU and 660cc Injectors. Upgrading the injectors and ECU to run it all seems to be the way to go with the builds I have seen and it definitely get results.

Can't wait to see this car progress!

_________________
Back in the game! Now building something mental... Will I ever finish? I hope so! When? No idea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:55 pm
Posts: 1200
Location: Kurrajong
Keeping the engine in that car or putting it in another GTi??

If you are going to do it, do it properly. Go sequential, run 4 igniters.. This will be a lot better for who tunes the car, the car will be smoother at low RPMS if they know how to set it up properly!

I run a Haltech PS1000

_________________
CONVO RACING


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:12 pm
Posts: 357
Location: SA
I agree with tassie in regards to that's the exact setup I'd run.
However if you've got the funds you may as well go with the best setup which is what buzza suggested.

MOAR PICS! Engine looks incredible! \:D/ \:D/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 am
Posts: 13
Location: Wollongong
Thanks guys,
I'm planing on running a haltech sport 2000 and was planning on Evo injectors.
All I know about the engine is that is got oversized valves forged pistons. Not sure about any other specs. It was owned by the owner of Suzitech in Sydney and the engine is staying in the car. It is currently in a 4wd cultus, the car has heeps of custom work done to it. I will take some photos tomorrow and post them up

_________________
98 swift GTi turbo
97 cultus GTi AWD turbo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:03 am
Posts: 2035
Location: Canberra
Good to see Pete Moxham's car is still around.

Not sure why you are going for haltech 2000 over 1000. Any reason?

How about skipping evo injectors and go for 750 or 1000cc injector dynamics/xpsert injectors. Better spray pattern, with more potential.

You need aftermarket ecu with injectors, otherwise waste of time.

I run 1000cc injectors with a gt2860 at 22ish psi for 216kW.

_________________
ImageET 13.138 at 120.2mph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 812
Location: vic
FlyingGrape wrote:
Good to see Pete Moxham's car is still around.

Not sure why you are going for haltech 2000 over 1000. Any reason?

How about skipping evo injectors and go for 750 or 1000cc injector dynamics/xpsert injectors. Better spray pattern, with more potential.

You need aftermarket ecu with injectors, otherwise waste of time.

I run 1000cc injectors with a gt2860 at 22ish psi for 216kW.


I highly agree with the ID1000 injectiors
Go with them

You gonna register the car?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 am
Posts: 13
Location: Wollongong
I am in the process of trying to get it regoed. I am just waiting to hear back from the minister of roads about a problem I'm having, apparently I will hear on friday(what they said last few weeks haha). I got told the 1000 can only handle 20psi? Pete told me that engine can handle 25 but I was thinking have it on 12 low and 22or so on hi. I've got a full stock gti with a fuel pressure regulator, possibly decompression plate not to sure and a chipped ecu and it hits 15 every now and then. Had it hit 19 when my boost controller broke but it's still going somehow haha

_________________
98 swift GTi turbo
97 cultus GTi AWD turbo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 am
Posts: 13
Location: Wollongong
Here's a couple more I just took


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 930.76 KiB | Viewed 113 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 856.86 KiB | Viewed 109 times ]

_________________
98 swift GTi turbo
97 cultus GTi AWD turbo
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 812
Location: vic
GT&GT-i wrote:
I am in the process of trying to get it regoed. I am just waiting to hear back from the minister of roads about a problem I'm having, apparently I will hear on friday(what they said last few weeks haha). I got told the 1000 can only handle 20psi? Pete told me that engine can handle 25 but I was thinking have it on 12 low and 22or so on hi. I've got a full stock gti with a fuel pressure regulator, possibly decompression plate not to sure and a chipped ecu and it hits 15 every now and then. Had it hit 19 when my boost controller broke but it's still going somehow haha


Whoever told you that you can only run 20psi on the id1000s I suggest u stop getting advice from them Because they don't have a clue..
I've run 28psi on them on the 1.5motor with a turbo bigger than the gt30 and no problem
They were nowhere near maxing out either..

And with the rego thing...
You can't register a cultus on Australian roads..
You need to do a dodgy and get a white gti shell and cut of the vin number thats stamped on the firewall and get its vin plates and put them on your car and throw the white shell in scrap metal
Best way to do it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:40 pm
Posts: 4019
Location: penriff
Rego can be done if you live in the right state :lol: this car and a few others have been registered before, some slightly less legit than others.

_________________
Insert sig here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 812
Location: vic
Pauly wrote:
Rego can be done if you live in the right state :lol: this car and a few others have been registered before, some slightly less legit than others.


Which state ?

Northern territory LOL


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:40 pm
Posts: 4019
Location: penriff
Well this one was registered in south Australia, I'm fairly certain BRAD's old one was regoed in ACT before he sold it on, he also had it "registered" in nsw while he was living here. It is getting alot harder to get away with "registering" cars like this though.

In saying that, it wouldn't be overly hard to sacrifice an aus delivered gti and "do an awd conversion" and have it engineered.

_________________
Insert sig here


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 812
Location: vic
Pauly wrote:
Well this one was registered in south Australia, I'm fairly certain BRAD's old one was regoed in ACT before he sold it on, he also had it "registered" in nsw while he was living here. It is getting alot harder to get away with "registering" cars like this though.

In saying that, it wouldn't be overly hard to sacrifice an aus delivered gti and "do an awd conversion" and have it engineered.


There was something dodgy with brads one when I was looking to buy it
when I asked about it he said it was registered but sort of wasn't so I was like ooo kkk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:55 pm
Posts: 1200
Location: Kurrajong
cappa-wpn wrote:
GT&GT-i wrote:
I am in the process of trying to get it regoed. I am just waiting to hear back from the minister of roads about a problem I'm having, apparently I will hear on friday(what they said last few weeks haha). I got told the 1000 can only handle 20psi? Pete told me that engine can handle 25 but I was thinking have it on 12 low and 22or so on hi. I've got a full stock gti with a fuel pressure regulator, possibly decompression plate not to sure and a chipped ecu and it hits 15 every now and then. Had it hit 19 when my boost controller broke but it's still going somehow haha


Whoever told you that you can only run 20psi on the id1000s I suggest u stop getting advice from them Because they don't have a clue..
I've run 28psi on them on the 1.5motor with a turbo bigger than the gt30 and no problem
They were nowhere near maxing out either..

And with the rego thing...
You can't register a cultus on Australian roads..
You need to do a dodgy and get a white gti shell and cut of the vin number thats stamped on the firewall and get its vin plates and put them on your car and throw the white shell in scrap metal
Best way to do it


Think he is referring to the PS1000, not the injectors..

I don't think you will have an issue with running more boost, don't think there is a limit on it like you suggest... The guys on here running that comp are running more than 20psi!

_________________
CONVO RACING


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 am
Posts: 13
Location: Wollongong
I'm having trouble with a law that has recently come out. So I'm fighting it as it's been regoed in Australia for nearly 10 years. And I really don't want to do any dodgy stuff like that lol

_________________
98 swift GTi turbo
97 cultus GTi AWD turbo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 17515
Location: ACT
GT&GT-i wrote:
it's been regoed in Australia for nearly 10 years.


That doesn't mean much if the rego was never legit. Actually using that argument could even make it harder for you to get it registered. :lol:

_________________
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 am
Posts: 13
Location: Wollongong
It was registered legit

_________________
98 swift GTi turbo
97 cultus GTi AWD turbo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 97 gti turbo
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:55 pm
Posts: 1200
Location: Kurrajong
Pretty sure it was registered under a business name as a promotional vehicle, not personal use...

_________________
CONVO RACING


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group