It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:24 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: My first Swift and I love it Mk 1 GA 1984 called poop
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:42 pm 

Finally finished re-doing the exhaust again. I like it better than b4 its quieter but the power is still about the same and it looks and sounds more stock. My mig crapped itself while i was working on it so I had to arc the rest. Oh for my birthday My Mrs got me a wood grain steering wheel which was cool but I gotta get a boss kit now lol. I did have a chinese one that I put on so I could see what it was like but damn I dont trust it to actually use. The cast metal is so soft I think it would only be a matter of short time b4 it snapped.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:49 pm 

Been a while since any sort of update and not much to report really.
The plans I have for poop now are very simple. I will be joining a local vintage car club and after the mrs and I go on holiday next month, poop will be getting historical/ classic rego and only used for club meets and service runs. The club has quite a few meets so getting some drive time in shouldn't be to much of a problem.

The back seats will be coming out as it is only reg as a 2 seater but someone put back seats in it and has been passing pink slips like it. (who am I to argue with professional mechanics. lol)
I will be respraying it in the original beige mink and keeping it very stock looking.

The 12 inch wheels that I got are the wrong offset and I really don't want to roll the guards just to fit them in. I will keep an eye out for some other old school ones but in the mean time it will be stock rims.

Other than that I will really just be maintaining it in good running order, but any update I do I will put up here.

Oh btw 1600GTI (I hope I got your name right). put me onto some Bailey Channels and Holy s**t what a difference. I had to make some small mods for fitment with driver's side window, but wow I dont hear wind when I drive and dont get wet when it rains now. YIPPPPEEEEE

Post subject: Re: Poop passed Inspection and is now classic/vintage reg!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:46 am 

I joined the grafton vintage car club a little while back and got poop inspected for classic/vintage reg yesterday and passed with only a couple off small issues that the guys are letting me fix in my own time. eg number plate light blown and back muffler on its way out but still ok for now.

I will post pics once I get the classic plates. I am going to rts or vtas or whatever the hell its called today to cancel my old reg and get the new plates for vintage/classic.

I got a few weird looks at first with poop when saying what car I had at the car club but all the old guys agreed that It was the right time to get the classic reg and all of them seem to be a great lot no matter what car they have.

I havent done much to the actual car lately as usual but just trying to get my limited budget up a bit higher to get some auto related stuff I need for all my cars.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:27 pm 

Its been ages since I made a post so I thought it was about time for an update. A few months ago I decided poop was to come of the road for a respray and some brakes that needed attention and put the stock exhaust back on as my rear muffler was quite s**t was jst much easier to go backto stock. I got some rare zender side skirts also and also have a gti rear hatch spoiler (yet to put on) Ive upgraded the wheels studs and I really wanted to put my 12 inch hot wires on the car but it looks really crap compare to the 13 inch mllins you will see in the pics. I was hoping to have the car finished by today but wrong parts and one lost part that I cant find (I gfound a way around it though) have held me back and now I need 2 cv boot shafts. Just seems to be dragging on. Well the new planned finish time is before christmas this year. Then the last thing I will have to do is re- cover the original seats. I would love a forsa front bumper/bar but I am happy to work with what I have for now. Anyway enough talk and here is some pics for you. Oh the colour is the factory colour I just havent rubbed it back and polished it after the clear.

Attachments:
5 (Large).jpg
5 (Large).jpg [ 239.8 KiB | Viewed 52 times ]
4 (Large).jpg
4 (Large).jpg [ 192.11 KiB | Viewed 51 times ]
3(Large).jpg
3(Large).jpg [ 261 KiB | Viewed 55 times ]
2(Large).jpg
2(Large).jpg [ 408.7 KiB | Viewed 47 times ]
1(Large).jpg
1(Large).jpg [ 176.28 KiB | Viewed 53 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:33 pm 

here is some more

Attachments:
10 (Large).jpg
10 (Large).jpg [ 266.07 KiB | Viewed 60 times ]
9 (Large).jpg
9 (Large).jpg [ 300.14 KiB | Viewed 46 times ]
8 (Large).jpg
8 (Large).jpg [ 299.08 KiB | Viewed 53 times ]
7 (Large).jpg
7 (Large).jpg [ 236.46 KiB | Viewed 42 times ]
6(Large).jpg
6(Large).jpg [ 224.16 KiB | Viewed 48 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:36 pm 

and the last few i have and as you can see with my uploading i didnt get the order right but you get the idea

Attachments:
11 (Large).jpg
11 (Large).jpg [ 284.25 KiB | Viewed 52 times ]
12 (Large).jpg
12 (Large).jpg [ 346.77 KiB | Viewed 46 times ]
13 (Large).jpg
13 (Large).jpg [ 374.32 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:44 am 

Looking SWEET!

you should totally drop a little low boost turbo charged gti engine into this thing...it would be so awesome haha ultimate sleeper.

then again you would lose the historic/collectors classification

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:59 pm 

Alexei wrote:
Looking SWEET!

you should totally drop a little low boost turbo charged gti engine into this thing...it would be so awesome haha ultimate sleeper.

then again you would lose the historic/collectors classification

Thanks man.

I have thought about doing that in the past but I really want to keep it on historic. I just got the rest of the bits to finish the car off tomorrow. (hope I get it done). After that I will save some cash for some material to recover the seats. I just got a another industrial sewing machine today.(was a freebie) So I better learn how to bloody sew hahaha. I have my mother inlaw to help who was an auto trimmer back in the day. After that I want to enjoy the car for a bit.