It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:26 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: Back in the game! Project "Monster"
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:16 am 

Tassie_mk1 wrote:
So some slow progress last night, I had planned on fitting up the new flywheel but it was annoying me that the hubs and coilovers weren't connected so I refitted them, reattached the control arms as well and then did the rocker cover gasket with a new genuine part so hopefully no more leaks!

In the next few days I will see if I can get the new flywheel and clutch fitted up and the driveshaft seals in ready for the box to go back in :)

So it wasn't quite a few days til I got back to this but I did get a few things done yesterday. I got the clutch in and found that (despite my quick measurements) the flywheel I got is a 200mm version and my box setup is the 190mm setup so it doesn't fit :cry: it's a real shame as it weighs about hald what the current one does! Ah well, it will go to a good home as I already have someone who can use it. I will just have to stick with the current one.

Attachment:
Monster Engine.jpg
Monster Engine.jpg [ 105.11 KiB | Viewed 208 times ]

I have a few styles of similar branded stickers to go on the car and once it's back on all 4 wheels and I can roll it out to wash it they will go on... I'm pumped for it as these are likely to be the final touches to the exterior to make the car feel like it's truely been styled by me.

I also started to change out the driveshaft seals which proved harder than I expected as they had been installed with gasket goo by the last person to change them and they were also rock hard! When I finally got the first one out (using a hammer and skinny flat head) I found that the parts stupid cheap has assured me where the right ones where the wrong size! :evil: So now to order the right ones.

In the past few weeks I've also aquired some new decals to rebage the car in a way that I like... here's the first one fitted to my carbon plug lead cover...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:22 pm 

Having the day off for the long weekend I thought it was a great opportunity to get cracking on he car but as luck would have it I'd forgotten that most of my list of job requires one of 2 things to make them happen 1. The Gearbox being in or 2 Money for parts. As I had neither as 1 is waiting on 2 to happen I could only manage a few minor jobs... I got the water temp sensor plumbed into the system, brakes were bled and a few other minor things were looked at.

So while it was good to knock off a few items it really wasn't anywhere near what I'd hoped for. But hey, progress is progress! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:41 am 

Just a small update on this build as I am waiting on parts now :D a mate and I got the gearbox back on a few weeks back, not bolted in but on and ready to bolt up only for me to notice Zuboo was clearing out his spare parts 2 days later...

The short version is I now have an LSD version of the same 1300AWD box I'm running plus a few spares headed my way. While I was at it I sourced a new billet flywheel to suit. So the car will get the gearbox and flywheel setup I was hoping for and I will have a shed load of spares just in case, plus the car will be more streetable which is always good :P

I am also waiting on a Carbon Fibre version of the front lip I had (now moved on to a new owner) coming from Strider as well.

IN the coming weeks I should hopefully have the funds and the parts to get the car back on all 4 wheels, then it will be rolled down the street (literally) to a mate who's a panel beater to have the front crossmember straightened properly to clear the dump pipe.

Once this is done it will be off to the suspension shop to have everything setup properly and to street legal specs then off to the tuners to get it running properly (current run in tune will kill a set of plugs in no time!) and see what this baby can really put down on the dyno.

There are some small jobs to do in the meantime, like tidying up some wiring etc but it feels like I'm finally getting someone with this again! [-o<

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:32 pm 

Glad to see you're having a win Tassie =D> On another note if you ever decide to part with the plug lead cover keep me in mind 8-[

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:46 pm 

Thanks mate, it's nice getting there. I thought I was there 12 months ago but it didn't work out. Hopefully now it keeps going my way. :wink:

As for the cover it isn't going anywhere, but I can put you in touch with my supplier for it and the sticker also :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:54 pm 

Me right now sitting by the post box 8-[ [-o< :? :| :( 8-[ [-o< Hate waiting for parts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:26 pm 

After a freight stuff up I'm still waiting on my gearbox and flywheel so in the mean time I thought I'd put some "teaser pics" up of some other goodies I have been stockpiling over the last 6-8 weeks :P

Attachments:
12381104_10153700499960479_1244602319_o.jpg
12381104_10153700499960479_1244602319_o.jpg [ 132.46 KiB | Viewed 182 times ]
12389095_10153700499835479_768236573_o.jpg
12389095_10153700499835479_768236573_o.jpg [ 71.32 KiB | Viewed 186 times ]
12305853_10154349126093574_1892360446_n.jpg
12305853_10154349126093574_1892360446_n.jpg [ 52.95 KiB | Viewed 198 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:04 am 

David any updates :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:47 pm 

Well i do have this in my driveway... but things are on hold mostly for a few weeks while i enjoy Christmas with the family, gut and renovate a bathroom that is falling apart and finalise getting rid of the mk1 shells lining my driveway lol. Once thise things are sorted then the plan is to have a massive crack at this to get it done!

I know i have said it plenty of times... but hopefully this ti e i get what i want lol

Attachments:
20151223_152924.jpg
20151223_152924.jpg [ 2.39 MiB | Viewed 176 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:38 am 

Was the original box a Justy transmission?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:48 pm 

Its a cultus 1300awd box.. well they all are... i have 3 now :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:42 pm 

hoarder! :lol: Just jealous really.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:53 am 

FlyingGrape wrote:
hoarder! :lol: Just jealous really.

I grab what I can ;) One is the "nitrieded' (fancy weldy) I bought a while back and was going to use until the 2 in the box (above) came up for sale and I had money for a change :P

So now I have an LSD box (ex-Zuboo) along with a spare "Parts" box that has had the odd piece removed but is mostly good and has another weldy in it :P

I will keep the box that I was using so I have a good working spare and run the lsd box to make road use more friendly on the arms :P

I am hoping to get the lsd box in after New Years and finally get the car back on all 4's and moving forward again. The box of boxes was delayed nearly 4 weeks in arriving due to a freight stuff up so that has put me behind on things as these are the key to getting things sorted and I should hopefully have the funds to get this done now :) That is my hope :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:00 pm 

Here's a little peak in the box for those that are interested...

2 x 1300AWD boxes... the empty one is a parts box"and the other is an LSD box ex-Zuboo

Attachment:
Box of boxes.jpg
Box of boxes.jpg [ 98.41 KiB | Viewed 179 times ]

Also with Shifter, drive shafts , 2 stock flywheels and a used 4puk clutch setup...

Attachment:
Driveshafts etc.jpg
Driveshafts etc.jpg [ 232.27 KiB | Viewed 183 times ]

and the icing on my cake a billet flywheel to suit! New from 1600GTi...

Attachment:
Flywheel.jpg
Flywheel.jpg [ 191.65 KiB | Viewed 186 times ]

All I need now is the time to fit it all :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:55 am 

Surprise, Surprise I never did get the chance to fit up the new setup with renovations running well into the New Year and well over budget I used up the majority of my "Holiday" sorting those out and then recovering from the 15 hour days! So no progress as yet, but I'm aiming to get to the garage soon and get the new flywheel installed and gearbox at least sitting in place...

In the meantime something I've been waiting a while on showed up yesterday!

Attachment:
12572985_10153758473980479_7518859449005652010_n.jpg
12572985_10153758473980479_7518859449005652010_n.jpg [ 101.96 KiB | Viewed 163 times ]

This is a customised version of the brace a lot of you will have seen before but it should hopefully clear my exhaust and gearbox setups and give that lovely extra bracing that swifts like :)

Now to work out when to hit the shed and pull a late one or 3 :P

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:02 pm 

Decided I should get my Modification Approval redone now I'm "getting close" only to find out they changed the rules since last time and I've got to redo the whole thing. Not a big deal but had to find the old application and copy all of the details across then add the new info they wanted about the specs of the brakes and suspension. It's all faxed away so now I can wait for the response and see where it takes things.

now to get back to it while I can!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:09 am 

So, unsurprisingly to the regular readers of my build, things haven't quite gone like I had planned :P
Thursday night i decided it was time I pulled my finger out again and got cracking on getting the car back on all 4 wheels. I removed the gearbox so I could then get to the clutch and flywheel ready for the nice billet flywheel to go on (having now bought ARP Flywheel Bolts to suit on the recommendation of SRSGTI). Nature called so I headed inside and managed to not see one of my kids scooters in the dark, tripped and fell awkwardly, hurting my back! :x

So I've been out of action since then and hoping to be good to go next week sometime again. So for now I'm just buying a few more parts for upgrades with a short throw shifter setup from the Z31 Swift Sport to come and a few other bits and pieces also.

Hopefully the back comes good soon and I can get on it again!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:25 pm 

Kids and their stuff.........

Attachments:
homer.jpg
homer.jpg [ 12.13 KiB | Viewed 3883 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:05 am 

Tassie_mk1 wrote:
So for now I'm just buying a few more parts for upgrades with a short throw shifter setup from the Z31 Swift Sport to come and a few other bits and pieces also.

Hopefully the back comes good soon and I can get on it again!

Another form of retail therapy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:33 am 

StinkyWizzleteats wrote:
Kids and their stuff.........

=D> Spot on! :P

FlyingGrape wrote:
Another form of retail therapy

For sure. I'm not normally one for retail therapy but it has helped a bit :D

Hopefully a few more days rest will have me fit and firing so I can get back out to the car and get her running again! :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 511 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next