It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: BWTCHD signature GTi, [Honda crank G16 Turbo]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 pm 

:oops: Ive been away from Cars for a while now, but its not to say I havent made a few aquisitions towards my dream car... and now im finally assembling them, bit by bit
:!: The Shell: 93 GTi bought from woodsy, On which ive now seamwelded and smoothed the engine bay with custom touches (still havent got my hidden wiring complete, had gremlins...i hate wires) will be widebodied and painted gold at a later date
:!: The Gearbox: Bought ITSDAMO`s G16 box, so credit goes to DMW Dave and a few others for the modifications on it so far, Ill need to get a billet honda flywheel and modify the starter mount holes on the gearbox casing to suit and make up some dragspec CV`s for strip use once the turbo is sorted
Gearbox is a cableshift unit now so ive gotta dump the gti selectors and add the appropriate gear
:!: The Engine: Purchased a neat G16 stock baleno long engine from Simozuk, and its going to be rebuilt to my specs at local machineshops, while i source and fit the internals myself
*Pics will be added as I take them*

Attachments:
File comment: Gti engine fitted for blueslip, then will engineer G16 turbo
Photo473.jpg
Photo473.jpg [ 70.11 KiB | Viewed 11692 times ]

Last edited by Bewitched Gti on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: BWTCHD signature GTi, [Honda crank G16 Turbo]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 pm 

:!: D161A1 Crankshaft and girdle, bought from d (thanks mate) which he found after our interest was sparked in a honda crank G series a few years ago, will have th mains machined to suit the honda crank and bearings (thus allowing use of the girdle as well) this should nullify th G16 crank issue, and also opens up th abundant american market to me for D series honda parts, Forged rods can be had for $440 incl freight, Darton sleeves, Honda pistons etc...
I also have a turbo kit underway for it, so im probably going to cleanup and reuse the vitara pistons, although I may have to get the block decked to bump up the compression ratio, especially since im using th slighly shorter honda spec rods, and did I mention it was a hybrid engine, with a Gti G13B head added because im a traditionalist and I love the look of that big valve cover in my Zook Bay
Ill be using a set of RM motorsport camgears and probably some Suprf1y grind wild cams to fill the turbo in the top of th rev range (more RUNUTS as opposed to Zuboo crew type setup :lol: )
Management, probably Adaptronic, but willl comment further as I Buy and fit the parts...

Attachments:
File comment: Seamwelding before filing back
136_0696.JPG
136_0696.JPG [ 996.42 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]
File comment: Cheers to ITSDAMO
g16 box conversion.jpg
g16 box conversion.jpg [ 99.57 KiB | Viewed 11647 times ]

Last edited by Bewitched Gti on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:42 pm 

:lol: that pic of the gearbox was in my carport ready to ship it to itsdamo :D

Bewitched Performance Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:45 am 

wow should be a good little projetct mate long time no speak aswell youve been in my head with the gold wide arched thing lol look foward to the progress

steve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 pm 

ghostG13B wrote:
:lol: that pic of the gearbox was in my carport ready to ship it to itsdamo :D

Haahaa Yes,
Gearbox is booked in to be picked up by freight company at 4pm this afternoon.

Good luck with it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:15 pm 

Bout time you pulled your finger out mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm 

gearbox is gone and on it's way now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:27 pm 

this thing is going to be mental! keep the updates comeing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:07 pm 

Damn it's good to see you posting again Steve !!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:25 pm 

good to see your back to doing something man :P
i might be in tamworth around the 20th next month if your still there?
shoot me a pm or jump on msn :D

Post subject: Aquisitioned parts coming in
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:46 pm 

Parts arrived today, the gearbox conversion looks amazing, the gear on it is so different from the usual g series parts. Freak2demon: Thankyou, the toebars arrived today and theyre as good as i expected (and much cheaper than if i had made them myself :mrgreen: ) Ill drop a pic in here of th gathered gear later. Im just waiting on Crankshaft Rebuilders and Precision Automation and Robotics to email me their quotes to prepare my modified parts.
The shifter for the cable conversion on the gearbox is very similar to a sequential style linkage... i might investigate a cam arrangement to convert it to just that, after all, there are sequential shifter conversion kits for rwd cars that bolt under the gearstick.
Ive had no luck finding a decent set of toyota 1GGZE pistons for sale, so rather than combining those with a set of d16 spec forged rods, ill have to get a set of g16 spec billet rods and use those with my vitara pistons.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:22 pm 

It's about time you've pulled your finger out Steve :P

BWTCHD Performance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:43 pm 

agreed. good to see this coming along :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:03 pm 

Powered_by_Suzuki wrote:
Bout time you pulled your finger out mate :lol: :lol: :lol:

SfS wrote:
It's about time you've pulled your finger out Steve :P

Always copying me Six foot stooge :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:56 pm 

I didnt even see that, but i'll give that one to you Justin, you need it lol.

BWTCHD Performance

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:22 pm 

I'm all for seeing this configuration proven, but you can get more displacement now for far less money with the M18A (even an M16A out of a Sport), which also have excellent gearboxes for taking high HP punishment.

If you really want displacement, the J20A is also an option.

What power are you planning from this setup?

As for the sequential shifter, I believe it has been discussed in the New Swift section. You can buy a sequential shifter for the New Swift which should work for the AWD / 1600 Cable select boxes (the normal New Swift shifters work). Think the asking price is about 1k for the shifter though.

Interested to see what the quote for machining work is, keep us posted!

What turbo you planning on using?

Post subject: Entertainment
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:41 pm 

Gti Dad said to me the other day that im in "deep" with my build...he wasnt wrong :lol:
Try as i might, none of my usual wreckers had any g16 sedans for me to get a set of engine mounts from...guess its custom fabricate or buy a new set from Suzuki and modify them...fun
Got a new set of camgears on their way from RM motorsport for my new engine, if anyone in redline doesnt have a set of adjustable cam gears, then theyre missing out on a nice bit of bling (I love th fact they are a visible modification, like the workings on an old steamtrain)
Still no word from th big workshops... so no rods, flywheel or modifications on the crank yet.
The GTi itself goes in for a blueslip tommorrow, get it on the road with a g13b, then modify it and engineer a tested and proven setup, ive had 3 cars in th build for the last 18months...when theyre not registered\driveable...it gets kind of depressing to see a butchered set of parts...not a working car.
Ive seen a lot of Hero cars that got built up, and upon nearing completion, the owners lost interest in spending money on them and parted them out... i dont want to regret embarking on a project, or worse, not finishing it-- and have a journey that didnt have a final destination.
Ive got a TD04L kit on its way from gusgti (havent heard back from him yet tho when its getting posted 8-[ ) I dont have the time to develop a turbo setup as well as fit a modified engine, but once thats sorted, im going to trial a GT3037 from one of my chinese suppliers, aiming for th over 300hp bracket, hondas do it, and i noted on suzukird the other night, they have a similar setup listed as a Stage V...turbo drag engine. My chief goal is to get it working, run a 12 second pass, and go from there ( alot of development ahead of me though i admit)
Thanks for th headsup Sam, ill lookup that shifter..some things you just get because its there :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:45 am 

went t suzuki dealership this morning...had to order parts from japan, the g16 sedans are considered rare here. Newsflash :arrow: some parts are discontinued, the centre intermediate driveshaft for example..cant get those new from suzuki now.
CozzaGT, thanks for the headsup mate, if that wrecker has th parts i need, ill take em :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:08 am 

This has the makings of a really interesting project, but personally it seems a bit strange that you're ordering all these parts without knowing how much the crank mods are going to cost! I'd be worried the cost of building the motor itself will be prohibitive - unless you're prepared for that of course!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:57 am 

Yeah, not sure how much you are planning to spend.. and not to hound on my previous point.. but the price of the 1600 halfshaft new from Suzuki would have been more than a complete M18A motor + gearbox and everything else related (including half shaft).

I have a 1600 half shaft.. but it had a modified carrier (for g13b).. and would only want to sell it with the converted 1600 box attached :(

Surely you will be able to find one at a wrecker.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 299 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next