It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: World Time Attack 2016 14th 15th October 2016
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:03 pm 

Well done guys.

It was a great event as always. =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:30 am 

:D great to see you make it to the event mate; and to here that V8 in a skyline sure was different! cracking the 39's is a fantastic achievement and i'm sure you will develop the car more as we all will.

Good to see the QLD redliners down and stop in for a chat; and great to see Mighty Mouse continually setting records.
Infact the whole event was absolutist crazy this year with plenty of media attention for Luke and his HP Proof billet block design.

Not a really successful year for team SRS but we still had an absolute blast and have come out with some crazy data that will hopefully prove the cars potential at some stage. 228 down the straight is impressive for the 1.3! picked up a heap of time in all sectors from last year, so once the car is sorted and more test time there is easy low 40's as it sits.
Best thing for myself was the motor proving itself; and knowing that there is so much more in it. Still using the same road cams i have used for 4 years. with big banger 1044's and solid lifters to go in! and not going over 30psi yet :lol:

racer5 wrote:
racer5 wrote:
Thanks

Best time to date 1.41 on current setup.

New setup will have winglets, diffuser, extra 100hp new engine etc.

Hope to get into the high 30's

I will probably be sitting somewhere in this area of the open Class.

I would be happy with 20th or better, but thats a big call.

Came 22nd in open class. My goal was 20th. So failed here.

My Best time was 1.39.65. My goal was to get under 1.40 :)
We estimate car has a 1.35 in it.

Car was awesome. We didn't place a spanner on it.
We played with the Motec to setup throttle to pedal translation and traction control. I have a 9 position traction control dial on the dash.

1st time I've driven on a050s. My spring rates let me down. The aero overpower the suspension and made it very bouncy and unsettled. My engineer told me to hold it flat around turn 1 but I just couldn't do it.

Good to see DMW Dave and have a chat.

SRSGTI Tom is a top bloke. So positive and supportive all the time and wearing a massive grin. Calling in regularly to see how I was going. Pulling up a chair for me.
I'm really pleased that his engine went well. Gti held its head high and Tom did a top job.

Crowd was large on Saturday. Grandstand was full. Lots of photos in the pits of the front wing lol.

The most unusual thing I found when driving was the number of long lens cameras pointed at me when driving around the track. Must have been 20+ photographers around the circuit in Fluro vests looking into their lenses as I rounded corners. They obviously we're not there for me, unless I looked dodgy and they thought I would be good chance for "an off" photo. :)
Seeing people on the fences and grandstand was a confidence boost to do my best. Made me feel a bit special.

Great event that exceeded my expectations. The organisers get a big thumbs up from me.

WORLD TIME ATTACK CHALLENGE 2016 -Clubsprint -
http://www.worldtimeattack.com/

SRS Motorsports

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:57 am 

Short video of Highlights

https://youtu.be/7FjD2zaGPDY