It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: a/c electrical problem
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:50 pm 

hi all,
hoping someone out there can help me with no power to a/c compressor, fuses ok, blue light on switch comes on, have jumped the pressure switch on drier although there is gas in the system, i can trick the relay and the clutch clicks in, the 4 terminals that feed the relay are the same + or - whether switch is on or off, i cannot find a thermostat near the evaporator, i thought there may be a common failure in this model, it,s a 2000 1.6lt G16B baleno sedan, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: a/c electrical problem
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:45 am 

My swifticle wouldn't allow the a/c to start up until the engine had warmed up. If your testing cold this could be your problem...or the temp sender is defective. I found it interesting on mine the A/C had its own dedicated, albeit simple, tem sensor on back of manifold.
?????

Good luck

GTP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:29 pm 

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
Baleno Air conditioning.tif [1.51 MiB]
Downloaded 25 times

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 3:15 pm 

thank you both for the tips, gtpswift when the ac was working it always engaged straight away, cold engine temp has never been an issue, must be different country different specs,thanks anyway. MK1402 that manual will come in handy i thought the pressure switch was high only. i started it up after doing other work on it and heard the compressor cut in,all the tests i had done on the ac were ignition and ac switch on or off with engine not running. i still had the pressure switch jumped so took jump out and ac cut out so although there is gas in the system its must be down and have a not so visible leak, reading the manual the ECU and other components come into play so i would have been chasing electrics forever, i will have to get dye into the system and go from there, thanks again blokes.