It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:28 am 

I didnth think there had been one organised for this year/next year but thats what i was hinting at

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:43 am 

It's in the pipeline Ben - keep the end of January free. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:53 pm 

Well if u guys need a hand with anything just let me know, now im goin to have to hurry to get my car ready :)

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:48 pm 

From what i hear, members and cruisers seem to prefer Highway style cruises, along scenic roads. I have a few Questions for member's about which of these seem interesting / they would attend.

:arrow: Sydney to Blue Mountains Cruise; heading up the mountains through katoomba and lithgo.

:arrow: Princess Highway [South Bound]; a cruise from Sydney to Kiama, Nowra, Ulladulla, etc.

:arrow: Canberra to the Coast; i'm sure a route could be found to some town on the water....

( o ( o _ 0 ) o )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:32 pm 

im up for any cruise im realy not fussed to tell you the truth

▲ ▲

FORCED2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:53 pm 

We've had a major cruise in the past where Sydney siders headed south, and Canberran's headed north - We met up in Wollongong and cruised down to Kiama.
Even though organisation was a shambles it was laid back and enjoyable.

With a bit of forethought and better planning that would definately be a winner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:18 am 

Sounds cool to me... It would be a good cruise for summer.... Princess Highway has lots of pole mounted speed camera's all over the palce though... Brayden, if this idea becomes a deftinate possibility PM me, and we could probably get to organise something... It all depends on the route which we take...

But leaving Woolongong we would deftinately have to go up Bulli Pass

( o ( o _ 0 ) o )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:01 am 

just a question: how hard/expensive is it to organise a track day?
i reckon that'll be so much more fun than a cruise even if i had to pay for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:35 am 

Teddy_Tool wrote:
Gotta agree with most people that traffic lights are a pain in the arse. But I know PixieQueen never made it to the first stop of the last cruise and I'm pretty sure because of traffic lights.

Lots of good points, Brad, particularly the one about sticking to one lane.
( ...and P-Q may have made it to the first stop if she'd made it to the Mini Cruise, 'stead of sleeping in :lol: )

An idea is for everyone to keep the car that's following "in sight" - i.e. if you lose them in your r-v mirror, then either slow down or wait until they catch up - that way there can be no problems with the group being broken up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:18 pm 

Maybe some driving activities at the meet points... like a witches hat time trial (they're always fun when the witches hats are too close to use 2nd gear), or maybe a db drag.
Just some fun (and safe) minor competitions might be interesting.

There's probably some reasons not to do what I mentioned (mainly noise)... but there might be other things that I haven't thought of.

Also BBQ picnics would be good. I didn't like having to purchase food at the last one.

Activity nights? A cruise to the drive-in cinema is great when everyone's got subwoofers :) They are still around. I had a drive-in cruise for my birthday party last year and it worked a treat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:36 am 

Mad idea's bro, but worth checking the legality of it all. I'm sure if we could get hold of an industrial estate all would be good. Council Carparks are another place for a possible witches hat time trial as you put it, as long as they are marked with"xxxxx municipality concil carpark" as there is a legal loop-hole where council rangers have to book you, not police... but that depends on how good a lawyer ou have....

I think a track day is on the cards next year.... Redline needs one....

Wakefield out of Sydney would be a good location though for both ACT, and NSW members... and possibly VIC members if interested....

( o ( o _ 0 ) o )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:45 am 

2FS-T4U wrote:
I think some of the cruises need a good final destination, something good, like the last obbsessive motorsport cruise, i goes to spots where there is a big car park, like on a beach where all of the passers by can come in and have a look at all of the nice cars.

Also i think it would be good if someone organised a track day, like at wakefield park, save all of the racin for the track and lets people get to know their car a lot better, and what it can handle. I'd organise one but theres a s**t load of work involved in it and i don't really have the time to do it all.

wupanda wrote:
just a question: how hard/expensive is it to organise a track day?
i reckon that'll be so much more fun than a cruise even if i had to pay for it.

Hell yeah! Ive been hanging to have a thrash on the track for a long time!

Ive lost 6 point in 2 months, i really need to get the hoon outta my system :twisted:

Maybe we could organise some kind of advanced driving course or something. Thats something ive been meaning to do for a long time also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:01 pm 

A track day is a fantastic idea, and something that has been thrown around for a long time.

There is no reason that we couldn't organise Swift owners to book in for a chosen "no speed limit" day at Wakefield Park, (Goulburn) as that just requires each individual to pay their money and show up on the day. If someone books and doesn't show up then nobody is out of pocket. Cost is about $100 for the day plus extra fees like track licence and helmet hire if required.

In all honesty I can't see us booking out the track for a private day just yet because people are too unpredictable when it comes to committing and paying their deposit, and seeing as the money has to be paid up front someone would be left in the lurch for a lot of dollars when the numbers aren't met. :(

But yeah if someone wants to take a look at http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au and pick a "no speed limit" day for discussion in a new thread then I say go for it!
Once people get a taste for the track then they'd be more keen to commit to a RedlineGTi exclusive event. :mrgreen:

(Just a note - track days in the cooler months are better for your car's health.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:28 pm 

[YLD80Y] wrote:
(Just a note - track days in the cooler months are better for your car's health.)

True on so many levels... If we have it in the Middle of winter, Falken GRB's may even last the entire day.... :lol:

( o ( o _ 0 ) o )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:17 pm 

Realising that alot of cruisers off redline have bodykits big wheels and low suspension and not taking cruisers through stupid twisty roads where u cant go faster than 10/15kmh while snaking your way down a mountain we encountered this road on the hills cruise and on ST5 why?? whats the fascination with riding the brakes down a hill whilst being crowded frnt and back lol the exact road situation most ppl would try there best to avoid.

Best cruise is a toss up between ST4 when we went to Kiama, nice roads, nice destination and ST3 when we went to terrigal, again roads were good and so was the destination. The smaller night cruises to the city were also lots of fun. :)

Post subject: Cruise idea's
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:17 am 

OLD SKOOL 8)

As far as a track day is concerned that 's a mad idea. That is why im going to look into the legalities of the idea and costs involved and have a talk to some of the club members and see what i can arrange for early winter next year for all the Queensland cruisers because I will see about darlington park raceway but don't get your hopes up just yet . :lol:

Post subject: mmm
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:02 am 

everyone wants a weekend away. but nobody is comming to adelaide for their attempt at a 'mutli-state' cruise.. come on people this cruise has been in the makings for months, so get your asses together.
so far there are 4gti's from vic and a ignis from ACT...
anybody else wanting a weekend away heres your chance :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:32 pm 

My favourite cruise was the first Vic cruise ... and getting to meet the new members. l have to agree with Paul points about peoples swift which have mods etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:39 pm 

what about a weekend to coffs harbour in june/july? theres a mad go-kart course up there for one day...then just need a local to plot a route for the next day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:22 pm 

im gonna cruiz 2 macaz 4 a mc flurry

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next