It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:57 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Cruise ideas/survey
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:06 am 

Following on from a suggestion made by shnez, this thread is a place for everyone to voice ideas about what they like doing on cruises, and things that s**t them up the wall. :wink: (Emphasis being on the good things and not the bad of course.) Feel free to point our what has been your favourit cruise so far and why if thats easier.

Hopefully this will be of some use to those that wish to organise a cruise by easing the amount of effort required, and should mean that more people are pleased with the event. It might also throw some new ideas out there that others might not have otherwise considered!

I'll keep this thread as a sticky for a while, just to see how we go - please don't flame anyones ideas, this is supposed to breathe fresh life into the cruise scene.

I'll start:

Good:
:arrow: Having many short stops dotted throughout the cruise route to have a chat and let everyone catch up and catch their breath.
:arrow: Cruise routes that are laid back and take in some interesting scenery. (If I want to race I'll go to the track.)
:arrow: Having one stop at a really scenic location for a group car photo. (Had to throw that one in. ;) )
:arrow: One person taking control of the group and letting everyone know what is going on at each stop. It doesn't take much to get everyone together and give a quick holler about the situation.

Bad:
:arrow: Really long confusing cruise routes that seem to traverse the country with no aim.
:arrow: Cruise routes that have too many intersections/traffic lights. They only serve to break up the "pack" and cause people to race and play catchup.
:arrow: Lengthy periods without stops. For people coming from interstate it is often a long trip so it is worth considering their need to stop periodically for drinks and food to keep their engines running. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:11 pm 

MAPS!...I cant stress this point enough! We need maps people!...MAPS! :wink:

Post subject: Cb
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:44 am 

cant forget a hand held CB if u get spilt or held back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:07 am 

Crusies definaltely need to be very much organised. Ensuring all particepants know whats going on, where and when stops are allocated, how long these stops will be etc. I feel its basical the 4 W's:
When, where, what, how

Maps is an excellecent idea. Maybe also a timetable to go along with this regarding stops, lunch etc. I can understand at times can be very hard to keep to for numerous reasons, but this is where i strongly think a leader comes into play.It is important as ever to have one person or even several spread throughout the pack in charge who can keep the cruise running smoothly and let all members no what is happening regarding delays, unexpected stops and confussion on whats happening and where we going/next stop etc Which i think gets really adjitating for cruise members when they dont know whats going on. I strongly feel this is why several members drop off before cruises are finished due to lack of organisation, as people get tired of not knowing anything and see it much easier to just go home.

Also maybe with this map idea, on the back of it we could put the names and contact numbers of each cruise member who said they were attending. This would allow easy contact of those who have been left behind by traffics lights etc or L-PLATERS (this is for I8AV6N8, lol feel bad for ya justin :D, dam l-platers :twisted: ) or even just for those runnnig late. Once again this comes back to been just plane organised.

Just my two cents

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:41 am 

Totally agree with limited intersections and traffic flow, Nothing is worse then the pack been split up over a one kilometre strech!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:47 am 

I know I've suggested it before, and I may sound like a true country gal, but summer is coming up, and theres nothing like going camping and lazing around in the heat having some beers for a nice weekend :wink: and maybe some cruisng here and there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:02 am 

Not my luck at all that day with L Platers even on the way home

▲ ▲

FORCED2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:16 pm 

i think schnez may be on the right track here.... a weekend of cruizin and shananegans would be a top idea... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:06 pm 

a trip to the south cost, like ulludula, nowra, batemans bay etc. nice roads, excellent scenery, beaches etc. my 20cents 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:32 pm 

I think some of the cruises need a good final destination, something good, like the last obbsessive motorsport cruise, i goes to spots where there is a big car park, like on a beach where all of the passers by can come in and have a look at all of the nice cars.

Also i think it would be good if someone organised a track day, like at wakefield park, save all of the racin for the track and lets people get to know their car a lot better, and what it can handle. I'd organise one but theres a s**t load of work involved in it and i don't really have the time to do it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:45 pm 

honestly i dont mind the long drives, just aslong as its not over 2hours.. lol
i mean the last QLD cruise was great! i loved the drive down to ballina.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:36 pm 

Good start to organise then
1.Weekend away (Camping) or hotel or just somewere
2.Track day
any more ideas

▲ ▲

FORCED2010

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:36 am 

yeh id be up for a weekend cruise. would be a great way to get to know fellow members to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:11 am 

=D> Fully agree with you Dave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:21 am 

Its U its Me wrote:
yeh id be up for a weekend cruise. would be a great way to get to know fellow members to

Id say for the qlders power cruise would be the best option to take:D
ive heard a few people were interested in goin this year but didnt get around to it
Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:13 pm 

weekend cruise, i'd go :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:36 am 

Ok lets see. Qld cruisers up here have been getting better. I have been on all of them. And all cruisers have had there good and bads.

Gotta agree with most people that Traffic lights are a pain in the arse. NOw most cruises i have been at the back but thats ok cause i don't mind and i know were we are going. But i know of PixieQueen never made it to the frist stop of the last cruise and i'm pretty sure because of traffic lights. I can only go so slow to try and help these people keep up b4 i get lost way behind everyone else. Maybe a suggesting anytime u see someone stop at traffic lights the whle pack pull over till the lights go green. that way everyone stays together. Not everyone has cb's and not everyone wants to buy one. Time's i don't think will work espcially for qld cruisers as they aren't really kept. lol

Group Photo sounds great it happened on the Cruise 2 that i got the Fast Fours Photographer to but not since then. ONly thing with this is that u need height to get above all cars to get everycar in pic.

powercruise sounds alright but only 200 entrys from now on so people will haft to be quick to beat the bogans. And people on net can't get the message to fast enough i think.

Also still think my Go Kart idea was agood one and so did others.

Members have been telling people that aren't memebrs about cruisers. Top Effort.

REVNIT and co. have told people were the cruise is going again Top Effort

Maybe not to have it as a Indy 500 as well. everyone seems to be driving pretty fast.

Members on cruise staying to one lane unless overtaking. It is a Public Road not our road for the day. There are people that are using it not just us. And we do piss them off using all lanes at the same speed.

Visit Teddy_Tool Gallery!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:48 am 

Yeah i totally agree some common sense and responsibility i needed when on a cruise
Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:41 am 

well im going to throw in my 2 cents. I totally agree with the weekend cruise idea, how bout in canberra in january or feb? And that way we could also do a day run down to batemans bay etc aswell? Just my opion.

Don't hate the player, hate the game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:55 am 

Ben wrote:
well im going to throw in my 2 cents. I totally agree with the weekend cruise idea, how bout in canberra in january or feb? And that way we could also do a day run down to batemans bay etc aswell? Just my opion.

isnt there a cruise in january in Canberra anyway? or is that what you were hinting towards...to try and combine the two?