It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Cruise ideas/survey
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm 

Pauly wrote:
that was a waste of effort newbie.. but any way you should read the 10 tips for organising a redlinegti cruise pretty much says what you just wrote

haha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 pm 

George street cruising this saturday anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:15 pm 

george street crusing? or george street stuck in traffic-ing?

LOL

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:50 pm 

Brisbane cruise! :lol: Want to chill with some local redliners! If there's nothing coming up soon i'll organise one soonish after I've painted the kit and some other bits :D

Now own: 2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo in Marmalade Chameleon

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:37 pm 

Hi everyone.

I am running this idea on the back of the cruise that I just ran at the weekend 2nd May 2010, from Newcastle to the Hawkesbury, and with the guys from Sydney travelling up from Sydney to the Hawkesbury. It was a great day with 19 cars, of which 18 were Suzukis. We had 2 cars travel all of the way from Tamworth for this event.

My idea is:

How about a cruise in maybe a few months time somewhere on the SouthCoast of NSW. Somewhere, that we would have Canberra members be prepared to attend, the Guys that are in Wollongong, and plus the guys from Sydney to attend to.. I would be more than happy to co-ordiante it; however, I really do not know the area that well. Just as a suggestion, we could have as a destination, a picnic ground in Kangaroo Valley. As this would provide exciting roads for all to travel on, with everyone coming from different regions in smaller groups. each group, eg Canberra, Wollongong, Sydney, would begin at their destination points, and travel as a group to the destination. And then at the end of the day, each group would be able to have a different route to return on if required.

I think it probably would work. I can not afford the time nor expense to travel to Sydney all of the time, but as the South Coast is not as far, I would travel to here. Also it gives the Sydney guys a chance to meet with a few more different members.

What is everyones thoughts on this matter? Can this work? (I hope so). I am, in particular wanting comments from the South Coast and Canberra, Goulburn, Yass, Wagga Wagga, members. But also looking for comments from interested Sydney members, and in fact, any members that are interested, and be prepared to travel.

Maybe the timing for this cruise would be ideally suited for the spring, when the roads are not so damp, and the days a little on the warm side, without being TOO HOT!!!!!

Please let me know. As a reply "quote" to this post.

Thanks David.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:11 pm 

I'd bee keen for this just depending when and i'd have to make sure my car can drive at that current time haha :)

BWTCHD Performance

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:22 pm 

+1 if mines finished by then, i just hope it will be that reliable lol

Rasputin wrote:
Yes. I like hard parking faggots and want to be one. It's my dream
Thanks,
Dan.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:28 pm 

if its not come with me in my car paul gti would hopefully come down too i think we could get a few together from newcastle to convoy down

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:46 pm 

Yeah I'll be down aswell david

Sounds good and hopefully My gti would be decent :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:55 pm 

South Coast Nationals are on over the last weekend of August in Moruya (just south of Batemans Bay). Would be a good place to put on a Suzuki display.

I'm entering anyway, so if anyone else wants to show up then please yourselves. :P

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:36 am 

[YLD80Y] wrote:
South Coast Nationals are on over the last weekend of August in Moruya (just south of Batemans Bay). Would be a good place to put on a Suzuki display.

I'm entering anyway, so if anyone else wants to show up then please yourselves. :P

Please explain further???????

What are the South Coast Nationals????????

I think this can be a doer!!!!!!!!

I am prpeared to put together a run to there, say from Wagga Wagga, if there are members that way, or if not the start point at Yass, and then to pick up more on the way, like Canberra etc.

Have you got exact dates, times, and further itinery details for this event.

Lets know as much as possible. I am in Melbourne in 4 weeks time, and I will see if I can get support from the guys there, to come up.

Thanks David.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:01 pm 

Full details here:
http://modifiedcarforums.com/forums/up- ... ugust.html

It used to be something like a smaller version of Summernats, however the greenies and other left-wing fun nazis have spoiled the event and forced it into a static show.

Still, it is a good excuse to spend a weekend down the coast enjoying the sun.

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:48 am 

[YLD80Y] wrote:

So can we put on a group display of our cars, without having to be entered in any of the events, do you know?????

I really do wonder as to how many guys would be interested in thus type of event?

I mean a lot of us have modified cars in one way or another, and I dont mind entering in show n shines, but an event of this nature may be not.

So what do you "YLD80Y" think??????

And what do other members think here on my thoughts, and this event?

Are there members wanting to attend?????

Let us know.!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Redline gti sticker
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:25 am 

All the Perth boys anyone keen for a cruise in the next month or so i know a couple of people on fordlaser.com and i was thinkin of a combined cruise

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:51 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I am justing worndering if there is a cruise event being organised in Queensland for August at all.

Cheers,
Paul.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm 

http://www.spycamera.net.au/2-7-inch-sc ... ps-sensor/

Great In Car Camera for all of your car cruises, track events and day to day traffic and driving experiences.

For more information go to www.spycamera.net.au

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:29 pm 

suzygtinme wrote:
Hi everyone.

I am running this idea on the back of the cruise that I just ran at the weekend 2nd May 2010, from Newcastle to the Hawkesbury, and with the guys from Sydney travelling up from Sydney to the Hawkesbury. It was a great day with 19 cars, of which 18 were Suzukis. We had 2 cars travel all of the way from Tamworth for this event.

My idea is:

How about a cruise in maybe a few months time somewhere on the SouthCoast of NSW. Somewhere, that we would have Canberra members be prepared to attend, the Guys that are in Wollongong, and plus the guys from Sydney to attend to.. I would be more than happy to co-ordiante it; however, I really do not know the area that well. Just as a suggestion, we could have as a destination, a picnic ground in Kangaroo Valley. As this would provide exciting roads for all to travel on, with everyone coming from different regions in smaller groups. each group, eg Canberra, Wollongong, Sydney, would begin at their destination points, and travel as a group to the destination. And then at the end of the day, each group would be able to have a different route to return on if required.

I think it probably would work. I can not afford the time nor expense to travel to Sydney all of the time, but as the South Coast is not as far, I would travel to here. Also it gives the Sydney guys a chance to meet with a few more different members.

What is everyones thoughts on this matter? Can this work? (I hope so). I am, in particular wanting comments from the South Coast and Canberra, Goulburn, Yass, Wagga Wagga, members. But also looking for comments from interested Sydney members, and in fact, any members that are interested, and be prepared to travel.

Maybe the timing for this cruise would be ideally suited for the spring, when the roads are not so damp, and the days a little on the warm side, without being TOO HOT!!!!!

Please let me know. As a reply "quote" to this post.

Thanks David.

I'm keen as on this idea let's make it happen

CONVO RACING

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:17 pm 

Easy, just jump into your Delorean and head back to 2010 when the idea was suggested, and the guy who suggested it still owned a Swift.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm 

Hahaha didn't even think to look at the date ... Besides the delorean is in the shop getting a foot print accelerator pedal while I fix the flux capacitor hahaha

CONVO RACING