It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:06 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Tassie Redline Cruise/Trip?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:38 am 

Hi Everyone, I regularly get asked about a cruise for Tassie, both from Tassie members and all the rest of you from up north so I thought I would again gauge interest in running something down the track over a weekend sometime.

I have been out and about with the fanmily and found some great roads (most of them Targa stages) while in our people mover and all I could think was how awesome they would be to drive with a pack of swifts (or other modified hatches) so I thought I would see what people's thoughts were.

This is long term thing (I need my turbo car going first :P ) and would take a fair bit of planning if it were to go over a weekend. It could possibly (depending on numbers and people's $) include a session at Symonds Plains as well as taking in some of the best driving roads in Tassie over 2-3 days.

Let me know what you think/if you would be interested and able to come... no point saying "yeah I'm interested" when you can't afford the trip and I don't want to waste my time oprganising something that will never happen.

That being said I would love to make this happen!

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Tassie Redline Cruise/Trip?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 pm 

Oh Man,

If only I didn't live all the way over in WA... :(

I visited around 5 years ago and I LOVE Tasmanian roads! Western Ramparts, Ben Lomond (Jacobs-Ladder-oh-my-god-are-you-fucking-serious!? :shock: ) and Cradle Mountain were my favourites. A GTi would be an awesome little weapon up there. :wink:

Good luck with this!

Drew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:49 pm 

Ive always dreamt of having a GTi in the Targa Tassie.. Especially on the roads around the east coast between St.Helens and Bicheno.. Youre welcome to be a co-pilot anytime in QLD ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:58 am 

sMaShEdUpSaNiTy wrote:
Ive always dreamt of having a GTi in the Targa Tassie.. Especially on the roads around the east coast between St.Helens and Bicheno.. Youre welcome to be a co-pilot anytime in QLD ;)

Yeah those are some great roads! The only issues I will have if this cruise/trip gets up is what routes to take! There is a reason Targa Tas takes 6 days!

I will take you up on the co-piolet job too if I get up your end of the world ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:00 pm 

:D
Attachment:
Jacobs Ladder.JPG
Jacobs Ladder.JPG [ 492.96 KiB | Viewed 223 times ]
Cheers,

Drew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:11 pm 

Ah Jacob's Ladder, a mental piece of road! Not GTi friendly unless you're a Rally driver though.

Here is a Vid of a Porsche running Elephant Pass, one of my faourite stretches of road on the East Coast (There are a lot!)

http://targa.com.au/tc/news_details.asp?asset_id=21325

Want to see more of the roads you can play on, check more of the videos from Targa Tasmania 2014!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:15 pm 

This sounds like it would be an awesome trip ... Any idea when it will go ahead ? And any idea on rough costs would be great too

CONVO RACING

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:56 pm 

Costs, dates etc really depend on if people are keen. If a had say 3 or 4 people keen I would be happy to work out dates etc and try and swing it around a local track day at Symonds Plains too just to make a real go of it.

To give people an idea of what we would do I would say meet at the Ferry terminal on day 1. Then drive to Starhan down.the West Coast. Arriving avout lunch time which gives people time to explore the area and we camp/stay there the night. Day 2 would be drive to Launceston via Cradle Mountain, experiencing some of the best driving roads in Tassie. With a lunch stop at Cradle and the chance for a bush walk then head to Launceston the scenic way.

Day 3 could be the track day and back to Launceston (my home town)

Day 4 wouldbe a run to Hobart, via Scottsdale, St Helens and the East Coast..

Day 5 could be a rest day in Hobart and I could get Superduki and the Hobart crew to sort a few activities. Day 6 people can make their way back to the ferry to get home that night or the next day.

we could do this for 3 weeks but I think that should cover it. Tassie might look small but there is plenty to see and its hard to cover of lot of it well :)