It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: EOI Brisbane Cruise - Late October / November
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:17 pm 

Will be good to see you around a mountain again Bill.. Still remember the last drive we went on :)
Up the steep side of Mt.Mee then through Samford and up into Nebo then waaay southside to
the Yatala BP for dinner

To make things a little easier on anyone who wants to hit Kingaroy Show and come out for a mountain run lets set the date for November 9th and hope the weather gods shine on us [-o<

For anyone interested in comming out for a pre-cruise run I will be doing this next month but not
Fathers Day.. If you are wanting to come along please inbox me

sMaShEdUpSaNiTy
110bhp@8000rpm - N/A Perfection Custom Performance :D

Post subject: Re: BrisbaneCruise Nov 9 - Nebo/Glorious > Ettamogah
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:11 pm 

will try and be there....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:21 pm 

If you can work out roughly what time you will be in Kilcoy, I'll see if I can join in there. If I break the car doing the MotorKhana, I'll let you know. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:48 pm 

If we leave by 8am from The Gap then I would think we are in Kilcoy by 10ish taking a quick stop at Somerset into count... Might have to bring a little traffic into count as well if we leave at 8am

A good run over Nebo/Glorious needs to be early.. 7am would probably be better.. We do have some people coming from a fair way south-east to arrive at The Gap....

Would everyone be able to make it for 7am or is 8am more realistic?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:14 am 

7am will be good for me

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:44 am 

Coming from Morayfield

guess met at 7 will be ok.....
leave around 7.30 i guess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 pm 

Im talking LEAVE by 7am.. early morning this road is popular with cyclists and other motoring enthusiasts alike so the earlier we go the better the chances of having an uninterrupted run

If you do think you are going to run late on the day then please message me with an ETA
...anyone who does not have my number, please inbox me...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:09 pm 

all righty then

7am leave The Gap..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:17 pm 

Im gonna do a test run on Sunday... :D

Ill be leaving Maccas at the Gap around 1pm Sunday 31st Aug
Its a 3hour drive plus stops then taking the old highway back to Brissy
So if youve got nothing planned for tomorrow.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:34 pm 

Let me tell you a little story called " Podger, Me and a Cop makes three" . . . .

My Sunday started out in a good way. Slept in till 8am, got to race a few laps around Spa and Monza in a Lotus on PS3, beer buzz before lunch, gave my rims a quick wipe down and threw the GTi into a car wash to get rid of the daily dirt. Made my way to The Gap to meet up with Podger and take a test run around Mt.Nebo and Mt.Glorious then all the way around to Ettamogah for an icy cold beverage before heading home. I stopped into The Gap BP and thought its a good time to fill up and use a little injector cleaner since the old girl was having a nice run today, bought a meat pie, drove to Maccas and had a feed on something a little less artificial.
Podger arrives and chows down on a burger while we talk about everything Suzuki. There are plenty of decent bikes and cars on the main road either coming from or going to the mountain roads ahead of us. Its been a while since I have taken this road. Podger has recent knowledge of its twists and turns from when he bought his Swift Sport. We were both keen to get some pace on but as per usual traffic becomes the bane of all things "cruisy" and we are stuck behind a slow Camry which eventually pulls over. Another three K's down the road and we are held up by a Swift in need of some spirited driving. Time to drop down a gear and be ready for the overtake. Both John and I are traveling in close quarters hoping the slow suzi in front lets past but alas, no joy.
Over one of the many undulations in this black beauty of a road is the one thing everyone dislikes to see no matter what time of day you happen to be taking your pride and joy for a squirt. Enter the motorcycle cop. He already has some poor soul pulled over and is just putting his book away when we happen to roar past. The mutterings and groans from my drivers seat are not to be repeated in front of good company such as yourselves :) . Time to loosen off the reigns, ease back on the throttle and settle in for the slow ride. It all seemed so calm, so serene, with the windows down and the smell of the eucalyptus. Sunday couldn't get any better.
I took a look in my rear vision mirror and you could see the fat cnut just off to the drivers side of Podger. Another minute down the road and the inevitable happens. Lights on, siren on, moves behind me and waves me over into the next turning bay on the road. Didn't really worry me to start with, we were traveling under the speed limit, both sober, both licensed.
No problems.
Sgt.Bacon dismounts his two wheels and gets equipped. Pulls out his little pad and somehow manages to get his tape recorder from between his vest and his shirt. That thing must leave an indent in his chest because there isn't much space to pack in the bulk this bloke carries with him everywhere. Sgt.Bacon comes to my window. You can see he must have to use a crow bar to get his head out of his helmet and I can imagine the FWOOOOMP sound it must make as his head regains its shape after a long day contained in that sweaty vessel. The fat cnut even needs two microphones poking out of his visor. "Is this your vehicle Sir?" he asks smugly and I reply in the positive. "Can I see your license please?" is next. Very text book, he must make his supervisor proud. Next question, "Does your horn work Sir?". This is where the trouble starts.
So I go to use my horn, I know it's right in front of me but I rarely use the thing. It worked last time I used it but wouldn't you know it, bloody thing didn't work. FCUK!!!
Sgt.Bacon proceeds to ask me if I knew it wasn't working and "Do you know it's illegal to operate a vehicle without a working horn?". He then flies into hypothetical situations like "What would you do if a child should run out into the middle of the road chasing a ball?".
The obvious answer to me was hit the brakes, but to this cop it was more important that I sound my horn. This must be so the kid knows Im there and can give me the wide eye expression of shock just before I turn them into street pizza because my first reaction should be to hit the horn. It didn't matter that we were in a State Forest, surrounded by trees and no houses in sight for kilometers. There was no leniency at having just discovered this fault.
Sgt.Bacon proceeded to write out an infringement notice for driving a defective vehicle to the tune of $113. He then handed me a major defect notice telling me that I am lucky he did not make me tow the vehicle from where it sits. I was then ordered to drive the vehicle straight home or to a place of repair before 4pm. I was instructed to have my car inspected by someone certified when the repairs have been made so they can clear the defect notice. He then informed me I had 10 days to front up to a police station with the defect notice and have the notice cleared by another officer. Should I fail to do so within 10 days I would have a $2500 fine added to my initial fine.

It might have just been easier to bury his body in the forest and be done with it, but not today.
The test run came to a sudden halt. I've had to wish Podger well and turn around to head home. Made a few calls on the way and thankfully I was able to get the repairs made within a couple of hours thanks to PCP01. One wire. One fcuking wire had broken in the steering column.

Moral to the story . . . Please make sure your vehicle is roadworthy for the drive. No point in giving fat cnuts on motorbikes any reason to take away your hard earned cash for a government run by nazis.

See any houses? NO! Surrounded by forest but there could be kids playing in the area who may just run out on the road at random and make me use my horn to warn them

The culprit.. Blue wire cost me $113 fine, defect notice, pay for certified person to remove defect, and report to pig trough within 10days.. What a fcuk around

sMaShEdUpSaNiTy
110bhp@8000rpm - N/A Perfection Custom Performance :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm 

And that's the reason even gen duty cops hate the traffic (hwy patrol) branch.
Bad luck mate. Do you run an a/m wheel? I ask as that is the main thing that I'd be picked on as mine is not padded and is the most obvious thing to pic on.
Also fill your wiper water. Apparently people got done for no water down at the Spit all the time..... wont somebody think of the children!!! :roll: #-o

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:07 pm 

Also, now that you have been defected, it's time to sell up and buy a Veloster :P :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 pm 

Didnt pop the bonnet.. Didnt ask about no padding.. Just picked on the horn.. Because he can't get one..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:09 pm 

Veloster? [-X

PFFFT... Im into JDM not KDM :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:49 pm 

Was in reference to a previous member who had a run in with the popo, sold his gti and bought a Vommitoster :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:52 pm 

Yea.. but his blurple piece of horse pucky was a cop magnet..
This is the first time Ive been pulled over for defect.. Fcuker didnt even breathalize me

Ive taken good care of mine.. No future plans on selling.. just improvments ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:02 pm 

All's well that ends well...

Defect notice was removed today with a full RWC.
Possibly the hardest thing to deal with was making water come from the rear window washer. Not being able to do this will make your GTi a defective vehicle.
I have never used mine in 17years of ownership but in order to complete the roadworthy this had to be achieved. Fortunately my GTi came in at 89Db for noise levels, passing the compliance by 1Db and certified.

The only good thing I can take away from this experience is the fact I now have enough ammo to stump the next cop to try and set me up on a roadside with any defects.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:19 am 

May I suggest that part of a run in future goes via Lockrose heritage museum. The owner builds Hyabusa powered race cars.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:43 am 

I remember you mentioning this at Morgan Park when we last sat in the stands watching a few laps Lawry..
Im keen for a look.. Maybe next one? Is that the same place that makes "SKELTA"?
Ive been wanting to do a full run out to Toowoomba sometime.. Not so much the mountain run but some good highway cruising and a visit to somewhere like that would be interesting :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:50 pm 

I think maybe.. Just maybe.. Ill leave at 7am for a test run

More likely the popo will be getting their free maccas brekky somewhere than pulling over cars
on the Mt.Nebo road... Fingers crossed for this sunday

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next