It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: SX4Clu.... ahhh i mean RLGTI club SX4 Cruise
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:53 pm 

So whens our next meet? we still going south?

whos goin the 7th with the rest of this club?

wheres mick?

ill facebook him

Post subject: Re: SX4Clu.... ahhh i mean RLGTI club SX4 Cruise
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:32 am 

We can do or we can do the go-karting....

RRM SRI K&N Apollo Filter, RRM Rear ARB(24mm), King Springs -70mm, SuziTech lip, Ultra Racing Front Strut-bar, DIY Grille guard, momo pedals, Euro doorstrips, Bonnet Protector, weather shields, Sparco Tecno gear knob, Sparco sunstrip.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 am 

Might be worthwhile turning up to the Go Karting cruise and introducing yourself to some other people from the community.

I'm sure you will have a good day out and it would be good to see some SX4's getting involved.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41767

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 pm 

i say, we go go-karting (and put everyone to shame(i used to race them!)) but of course kanga cruise... but WHERE IS MICK!

honestly guys, we are glad to be amongst a good group of real suzy enthusiasts!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 pm 

SchumieFan wrote:
i say, we go go-karting (and put everyone to shame(i used to race them!)) but of course kanga cruise... but WHERE IS MICK!

honestly guys, we are glad to be amongst a good group of real suzy enthusiasts!

Wont put me to shame when my daily IS a go-kart basically :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 pm 

Yooo
I was just trying to work out which company made the swift GTI :|

I'm up for whatever. Go karting is mad fun - altho I'll probably get smashed...I dont weight much so that might help. I wanna test out the the new swaybar on my sedan though :).

What follows is my usual ranting, whining and paranoia :roll:...

Might order some new springs tomorrow and get em installed maybe this sat or the next. Body roll IS what kills the handling now but at least the swaybar got rid of that damn understeer. The car handles way more neutral now :D. I'm guessing if I ever bother bumping up the brake performance the stiffer springs will make a hell of a difference especially since the front sometimes scrapes with the stock setup. I haven't noticed any scraping with the 17s though. I swear they must be heavy lol, braking isn't as good (still good tho) and the clutch is really high now. Maybe my driving style has just worn the crap out of it? I drive it pretty hard the majority of the time. Might have to check the manual or tell my mechanic to adjust it. I really know shitall about clutches. It only kicks in right at the very top now instead of halfway. 17s couldn't have made all that much of a difference though since the car now comes stock with 17s. Tomorrow I'll get Jaxx to fix up the alignment they did aswell coz its starting to pull to the left. I've only done 3k kms since I got em to put the new rims on.

4x90WRMS + 500WRMS OA amp, 350WRMS 12" OA Sub, 4x6.5" 60WRMS Clarion Splits, Clarion CX609A HU.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:37 am 

I'm up for the karting, but probably won't race, screwed my back up again... :x

Shame as I used to race karts too. :(

But hey next time, I guess we'd better let boyracer and toxic pony know where we all are. I'll post a link to here on the meet thread.

RRM SRI K&N Apollo Filter, RRM Rear ARB(24mm), King Springs -70mm, SuziTech lip, Ultra Racing Front Strut-bar, DIY Grille guard, momo pedals, Euro doorstrips, Bonnet Protector, weather shields, Sparco Tecno gear knob, Sparco sunstrip.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:00 pm 

lol, whats with ur bullshit post?

yeah man, screwed something between my neck and back this week, suffered this morning, and its a week old... quiet weekend me thinks, but SOOOOOOOO in for go karts!

what'd you race? i had a yamaha 75

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:10 pm 

Mine screwed from having too many people drive into my car. Every now and again it flairs up... At the moment it's giving me a fair bit of grief...Comes from driving so much at for work at the moment.

Can't wait for my new job. Normal hours and normal travelling.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:18 pm 

Mick1 wrote:
Yooo
I was just trying to work out which company made the swift GTI :|

I'm up for whatever. Go karting is mad fun - altho I'll probably get smashed...I dont weight much so that might help. I wanna test out the the new swaybar on my sedan though :).

What follows is my usual ranting, whining and paranoia :roll:...

Might order some new springs tomorrow and get em installed maybe this sat or the next. Body roll IS what kills the handling now but at least the swaybar got rid of that damn understeer. The car handles way more neutral now :D. I'm guessing if I ever bother bumping up the brake performance the stiffer springs will make a hell of a difference especially since the front sometimes scrapes with the stock setup. I haven't noticed any scraping with the 17s though. I swear they must be heavy lol, braking isn't as good (still good tho) and the clutch is really high now. Maybe my driving style has just worn the crap out of it? I drive it pretty hard the majority of the time. Might have to check the manual or tell my mechanic to adjust it. I really know shitall about clutches. It only kicks in right at the very top now instead of halfway. 17s couldn't have made all that much of a difference though since the car now comes stock with 17s. Tomorrow I'll get Jaxx to fix up the alignment they did aswell coz its starting to pull to the left. I've only done 3k kms since I got em to put the new rims on.

they usually only give a 7 day warranty...

shudda got the springs b4 the sway, u wudda been surprised at the elimination of roll... what psi u runnin in ur tyres?

and u didnt know a swift gti????

NOOB!

epic forum swappage need to get gti club stickers to replace sx4club.com 1's

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:47 am 

The other place has it benefits sometimes.... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:40 am 

lol, was kidding! (I was pretty tired out of it when I posted that crap I think)

Yeh but I still don't really wanna drop it though. I wanted the swaybar to get rid of that understeer and it did a great job of that at least at the speeds I've tested it at. How will it handle on crap roads with teh springs? I love driving this thing on dirt roads flatout. If I do decide to get em I'll try get em put on next sat. I just checked the PSI yesterday - on warm day after driving they were at 36, which is what JAXX had em at so I upped them to 38. Seemed to up the grip and response at the cost of comfort though ofcourse. I really need to test different pressures with these new rims n tyres.

I never even had sx4club stickers lol, you can't have both??

Oi I checked in with pedders aswell - they wanted $600 for springs, install and full alignment. I'm guessing its alot cheaper at suzitech (300 for springs anyway). Pedders didn't have any shocks available for the SX4 to though so what shocks did you get????

4x90WRMS + 500WRMS OA amp, 350WRMS 12" OA Sub, 4x6.5" 60WRMS Clarion Splits, Clarion CX609A HU.

Last edited by Mick1 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:46 am 

oi btw, so what we doing now anyway? go-karting? Maybe small cruise aswell :D?? I needa know what time stuff is happening since I needa take someone to the airport around 11, but I can take them earlier ofcourse if need be

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:18 pm 

6am earlier?

hmm dunno, prob off a pulsar or mirage shocks
next time i have the wheels off ill check for numbers

hmmm id hold off on the springs (tho $600 IS cheap) and drop the rear psi to 36 and fronts at 38, drive for a week n see if u like... the lower pressure will let the sidewalls flex a bit more absorbing any understeer.

my 18's at 40F and 38R HUGE HUGE difference

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:22 pm 

u's wanna do something 2moro? im feeling the itch

(yes andy, i know they have cream for that)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:20 pm 

Yeh. what'd you have in mind? I've got heaps of paperwork to do but SX4>paperwork. Might try do some now. I filled up on E10 yesterday man that stuff is s**t. My car will be as slow as Andy's now :(!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:53 pm 

Mick1 wrote:
Yeh. what'd you have in mind? I've got heaps of paperwork to do but SX4>paperwork. Might try do some now. I filled up on E10 yesterday man that stuff is sh*t. My car will be as slow as Andy's now :(!

BAHAHHAHA!

nothing in mind... just a social...

cant believe your tank has seen E10... just wrong

u aint got the love brotha!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:50 pm 

Mick1 wrote:
Yeh. what'd you have in mind? I've got heaps of paperwork to do but SX4>paperwork. Might try do some now. I filled up on E10 yesterday man that stuff is sh*t. My car will be as slow as Andy's now :(!

Oi!!!

It aint that slow. I just drive it a bit slower on the road. Although I seem to remeber someone complaining that i was going a bit quick through the gorge. :wink:

What did you have in mind for tomorrow?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:51 pm 

Mick thought you loved your car, then go and put that s**t in it.

I might be about, but might have to collect some seats in the morning. [-o<

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:53 pm 

SchumieFan wrote:
u's wanna do something 2moro? im feeling the itch

(yes andy, i know they have cream for that)
For what you have I think amputaion is the only answer. :lol: