It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:49 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: SX4 owners or those looking to buy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:05 pm 

I have noticed that the search terms used to find the site are increasingly including the keyword 'SX4'. I just wanted to see if anyone who was registered on the forum currently owned an SX4, or was looking to buy?

Reason I ask is that if there is the demand for an SX4 section I would be more than happy to provide it.

I know Suzuki Australia are starting to push the SX4 in a big way, and the owner following will only increase with Suzuki's entry into the WRC.

So if you are cruising the forum and own an SX4, please register and let us know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:21 pm 

i am a ignis 5D, ignis sport(RIP), cappuccino an SX4 owner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:20 pm 

My wifey and I will be trading in our 05 swift for an SX4 at somestage in the future, but personally I don't really see much call for modifying it, it's seems to be a well packaged and very practical car but certainly not sporty in anyway.
Now if Suzuki bring out a factory turbo model then that changes everything :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:10 pm 

I would prefer a Holden Cruise rather than the Suzuki SX4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:55 pm 

so i am the only SX$ owner so far, man the SX4 is so mich better than Cruze, i have a ignis 5Door myself which is very similiar to the cruze

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:05 pm 

Keigo wrote:
so i am the only SX$ owner so far, man the SX4 is so mich better than Cruze, i have a ignis 5Door myself which is very similiar to the cruze

No, my fiance and I bought one in February. White automatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:00 pm 

yeah i would love to buy an sx4 and mod the crap out of it. but at this point of time i'll be looking at the running gear and engine. and seeing if i can convert them into other cars. possibly a swift... but if i did own one then yea i would be keen as to get into the sx4 forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:11 pm 

Indians love the SX4! i bought a car magazine here in India with a review of it, ill post it when i get back if i can 8) The new swift is also very popular around here...the only mods i see are stickers an very dark tint tho :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:52 pm 

Well I already run the j20a in my baleno and if all the parts will fit in the sx4 sedan I'm definately buying one plus I've just finished rebuilding the j20a so now I can up the boost to 20psi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:30 pm 

Here is couple of pics of SX4 at the New York Motor show to entice potential buyers :wink: . The pics can be found on http://www.conceptcarz.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:58 am 

Quote:
Mikal Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I already run the j20a in my baleno and if all the parts will fit in the sx4 sedan I'm definately buying one plus I've just finished rebuilding the j20a so now I can up the boost to 20psi.

Nice!!! J20A turbo Baleno... that would be my powerball dream.

interested to hear details on this beast... very interested.

Post subject: SX4 2WD hatch and sedan.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:43 pm 

Mr.T wrote:
Here is couple of pics of SX4 at the New York Motor show to entice potential buyers :wink: . The pics can be found on http://www.conceptcarz.com

Check out the new SX4 2WD hatch, it,s lower and has stiffer suspension and very punchy. It also gets a body kit and 107kw. The auto sucks for zippiness but the manual is awsome! Suzuki only just released them into dealerships. You can even get a base model for 20 grand plus on roads. better than a focus or corolla anyday!

Yann :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:17 pm 

Where is the J23 GTI version!!! also why bother with such an ugly sedan!! ](*,)

If suzuki doesnt do some market research from its loyal following then it will always struggle with average sales. GM should wake up and rid its sedan designers from the face of the earth. Imagine the funds of making a new car from scratch and just making it look Korean. :cry: why do you think you see so few liana on the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:26 pm 

d wrote:
Where is the J23 GTI version!!! also why bother with such an ugly sedan!! ](*,)

Because it is much better looking than the poxy Liana sedan it is replacing! I do agree the back end of the SX4 sedan isn't stunning.

Actually looking at the rear end of the Baleno, Liana and SX4 sedans I reckon that Suzuki designers must have been given the job at about 4pm on a Friday when they were heading down to the pub, so they left it to the work experience kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:29 pm 

Compare them to say a Honda Prelude they are pretty ugly. Im not saying that they need to copy Honda but the design is still poxy considering the budget they would have had to start from scratch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:01 pm 

d wrote:
Compare them to say a Honda Prelude they are pretty ugly. Im not saying that they need to copy Honda but the design is still poxy considering the budget they would have had to start from scratch.

However the work experience kid took off to the pub as well and the cleaner did the rest. Can you see where the ergonomics are from?

I think if Suzuki used those images it would be classified as plageurism for aren't they images of Hondas next generation Civics. :P

Yann.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:18 pm 

So anyway... :roll:

Back to those genuinely _interested_ in the SX4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:20 pm 

Yann I wish they where as such but hopefully the SX4 will make up the sales with the hatch version as I predict the sedan will sell marginally more than the dunny shaped liana its based on. We will know by 2009.
Even the Kia Rio is sadly better styled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:06 am 

d wrote:
Yann I wish they where as such but hopefully the SX4 will make up the sales with the hatch version as I predict the sedan will sell marginally more than the dunny shaped liana its based on. We will know by 2009.
Even the Kia Rio is sadly better styled.

Okay the sedan doesn't do it for me either, but guaranteed if you drive either hatch or sedan you will quickly forget how it looks! They drive 10 times better than the liana and they have more power. In fact, they drive better than pretty much all of the competion and for less outlay. So what they lost in looks thay gained in performance.

Yann.

Post subject: Re: SX4 owners or those looking to buy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am 

Do you guys know of any good webstores that have the aftermarket stuff like wings, spoilers, mudflaps etc for the SX4 hatchback?