It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:25 am
Posts: 38
Location: Brisbane, Australia
not meaning to be rude and I understand if you say you don't want to say... but how much did it end up being? $$$$$$ would love my swift with 120@thewheels... lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:30 pm
Posts: 1121
Location: Adelaide, Hallett Cove
Looks tip-top. Is it engineered?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 17515
Location: ACT
Mr. Focus wrote:
not sure on the brand of turbo as i haven't been able to get under the car to check it out yet


Judging by the wastegate I'd say that it, and the turbo, are Zage. Chinese copies of Garrett items.

_________________
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Posts: 363
Location: Canberra
[YLD80Y] wrote:
Mr. Focus wrote:
not sure on the brand of turbo as i haven't been able to get under the car to check it out yet


Judging by the wastegate I'd say that it, and the turbo, are Zage. Chinese copies of Garrett items.


So in other words be extremely careful driving your car, and get a repuatable brand turbo to replace it as soon as possible. Some real horror stories from people who have had the Zage turbos installed in their cars.

_________________
Image
Stephen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:51 pm
Posts: 339
Location: Sydney
The funny thing about these Chinese copy Garret turbo is that the s**t quality bearings and seals cannot be replaced with original Garret ones and they are economically not worth rebuilding.

In the end of the day you have a car that is a heap quicker than the Sport so enjoy it.

_________________
Farewell to my old mate of 13 years, Mk3 Gti aka the Hitman!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:35 am
Posts: 133
Location: Armidale
Quote:
In the end of the day you have a car that is a heap quicker than the Sport so enjoy it.

Unless it explodes in a hail of turbine shrapnel.. :wink:

_________________
'07 Swift Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:51 pm
Posts: 339
Location: Sydney
I forgot to post the disclaimer on the bottom! :lol:

_________________
Farewell to my old mate of 13 years, Mk3 Gti aka the Hitman!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Maroochydore
phreakie wrote:
not meaning to be rude and I understand if you say you don't want to say... but how much did it end up being? $$$$$$ would love my swift with 120@thewheels... lol


it cost me around 6k all up. thats the kit, bigger injectors, haltech, fit and tune. i'd be chatting with DMWDAVE though before you buy any kit or else you'll see yourself going through what i have been through

_________________
www.swiftsport.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Maroochydore
LonePhantom wrote:
[YLD80Y] wrote:
Mr. Focus wrote:
not sure on the brand of turbo as i haven't been able to get under the car to check it out yet


Judging by the wastegate I'd say that it, and the turbo, are Zage. Chinese copies of Garrett items.


So in other words be extremely careful driving your car, and get a repuatable brand turbo to replace it as soon as possible. Some real horror stories from people who have had the Zage turbos installed in their cars.


i've already got a TD04 lined up from a GSR, just got to see if it fits. if not... back to the drawing board

_________________
www.swiftsport.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Maroochydore
ashhash wrote:
Quote:
In the end of the day you have a car that is a heap quicker than the Sport so enjoy it.

Unless it explodes in a hail of turbine shrapnel.. :wink:


fingers crossed this doesn't happen before i've sourced something new to replace it

_________________
www.swiftsport.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:37 pm
Posts: 753
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
I cant see it making 120kw at the wheels but. Thats close to 150kw at the fly isnt it? Is that at the fly Mr.Focus or was phreakie jumping to conclusions.

And i thought a standard swift only made about 55-60kw at the wheels, couldnt see a kit double it.

_________________
Image
DanielG Photography http://danielgphoto.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Maroochydore
thats what the workshop told me. im yet to see a dynograph though

_________________
www.swiftsport.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:56 am
Posts: 15
Location: Curacao
Looks good! Now the waiting begins for the video! (Popcorn starts popping in the microwave) :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:41 pm
Posts: 363
Location: Canberra
Mr. Focus wrote:
LonePhantom wrote:
[YLD80Y] wrote:
Mr. Focus wrote:
not sure on the brand of turbo as i haven't been able to get under the car to check it out yet


Judging by the wastegate I'd say that it, and the turbo, are Zage. Chinese copies of Garrett items.


So in other words be extremely careful driving your car, and get a repuatable brand turbo to replace it as soon as possible. Some real horror stories from people who have had the Zage turbos installed in their cars.


i've already got a TD04 lined up from a GSR, just got to see if it fits. if not... back to the drawing board


Good man, hopefully it fits. If it doesn't you can get Garrett turbos for relatively cheap nowadays. Spending a couple grand to get one now is much better than spending at least another six grand if the turbo blows and screws up your engine.

Good luck! :)

_________________
Image
Stephen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:27 pm
Posts: 2370
Location: Gold Coast
120kw atw I think is a bit ambitious. :?
Daves car (last time I heard) had 167hp atw (~120kw) and it has a bit more work done to it than a bolt-on turbo.
But either way, it'd be soooo much more fun to drive than the N/A version esp. with the extra torque you get. :D
Enjoy it!!!!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:56 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 17515
Location: ACT
I'd say the 120kw would be a flywheel figure. Of course a printout would be the way of solving the mystery. ;)

Actually I'm surprised there wasn't a printout given to Mr. Focus when he picked up the car. :-k

_________________
Suzuki MightyBoy - Three pots and a snail.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Maroochydore
StinkyWizzleteats wrote:
But either way, it'd be soooo much more fun to drive than the N/A version esp. with the extra torque you get. :D
Enjoy it!!!!!!!


it is fun...and it beats XR6 (non-turbo) utes :wink:

_________________
www.swiftsport.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:52 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Maroochydore
[YLD80Y] wrote:
I'd say the 120kw would be a flywheel figure. Of course a printout would be the way of solving the mystery. ;)

Actually I'm surprised there wasn't a printout given to Mr. Focus when he picked up the car. :-k


Mr. Focus was surprised too and unfortunately, now he has to wait till they're open again due to xmas/new years holidays :(

_________________
www.swiftsport.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:54 pm
Posts: 7404
Location: Adelaide SA
So.... wheres the pics? :wink:

_________________
CJ Performance "Specialising in ECU Modification and Performance"

Offical 2006 RedlineGTi Paper, Scissors, Rock Champion!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:27 pm
Posts: 2370
Location: Gold Coast
gtaye wrote:
So.... wheres the pics? :wink:


Did you look at the previous page? :wink: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group