It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: BBOY Swift Turbo Update
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:14 pm 

As most of you know i've been on the charts for getting my car boosted for the past 10 months now. finally things are stirring. i was going to keep it quiet until it was done, but after you read this, you'll understand why im posting now... hopefully

Week 1
Dropped my car off at Suzuki around 8am on Monday 12th Nov. for them to truck it up to Cooroy to get boosted. Expecting my car to be ready Friday, like Suzuki told me, i rang the guys installing it to find out some progress only to find they hadn't started it yet. The reason being that Suzuki had failed to get my car up to them on time. For some unknown reason my car arrived Wednesday... 3 days after it was supposed to be there. Why it took 3 days to get my car a 45min drive away is beside me!! So, im told it will be another week away. I must add that i received no phone call from Suzuki to let me know what had happened and that my car would be delayed

Week 2
I received a phone call from Suzuki on Thursday morning to give me an update. the update entailed that my car had the turbo kit fitted and all they had to do was wire in the ecu and tune it and i would see my car Saturday at the latest. Friday comes around and i ring the installers to see whether it was to be trucked down this arvo or tomorrow morning to be told that it won't be ready til next Thursday as the injectors they got sent were the wrong ones. Yet again no call from Suzuki

Im guessing you're asking why im going through Suzuki and the reason is, if i go through them then i won't void my warranty. In the mood im in, im keen to sell my swift as i want nothing to do with Suzuki ever again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:12 pm 

I hate to kick a bloke when he's down, but I reckon dmwdave could have had you boosted in less time with none of the headaches! Of course the warranty issue is something to consider, but I'd be interested to see what would happen with Suzuki when push came to shove if something broke.

At any rate I'm sorry to hear that this ordeal has soured you on the Suzuki brand.

Last edited by [YLD80Y] on Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:13 pm 

You poor bastard. i'm feelin your pain.

Take your spare key with you when you go pick it up and when you see your car just jump in and drive away! Just before you do this tell them you will pay them tomorrow. Get them to chase you for a couple of weeks see how they like it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:07 am 

[YLD80Y] wrote:
I hate to kick a bloke when he's down, but I reckon dmwdave could have had you boosted in less time with none of the headaches! Of course the warranty issue is something to consider, but I'd be interested to see what would happen with Suzuki when push came to shove if something broke.

At any rate I'm sorry to hear that this ordeal has soured you on the Suzuki brand.

kick as hard as you like mate hahahahahahahaha

one of my arguments when i blasted suzuki for their lack of customer service was the fact that i could've taken it to any number of tuning shops in brisbane and it would've been done months ago

thanks for the advice though guys. its much appreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:51 am 

Stick it out mate, Indared done my turbo conversion. he got it done all in the one weekend i think from memory. the ECU was all wired in but had to modify the dizzy which turbo tune were doing and then tuning it. my car sat there for 2.5 weeks if not more when i got told it would be a couple of days. i called every two days to be told 2moro several times. Eventually i got it back and it was well worth the wait!!

Now i know more if i was to do a conversion i would do it all my self and then give the car to the tune shop with an agreed specified return time if they wanted to get paid, unless the extended time was due to my parts failure etc!

It is more than worth the wait.. just think of when you get it back.. i remember when i did and it was awesome!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:33 pm 

cheers guys. i know i will enjoy it when i finally get it back. it better be worth it after 10 months of stuff around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:30 am 

Whats it costing for parts and how much for labour?
If I remember right yours is a 1.5 right? what will the KW go up to?

Noc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:41 am 

it cost me 6k. that gets me the full kit, Haltec ECU and tuning

to keep my warranty they're only tuning it to about 102kw. i can opt out of keeping warranty and go the aggressive tune which would get me about 120ish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:53 pm 

Have you got a new clutch for it as well?
Don't think the standard one will hold up for very long if you haven't.

On a side note, do you work for Autobarn? and if so do you know any of the guys from Burleigh Autobarn as one of them is turboing their Swift.
Been down there a couple of times but the car is still sitting there with it's front bar off after a couple of months. Looks like they're having a few probs with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:27 am 

nope, no new clutch as yet. im considering hitting up Exedy to see what they can do for me/anyone who plans boosting in the future

i do work at Autobarn, but i havent heard about this swift as yet. might hafta give them a call and see how its going

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:10 am 

Mr. Focus wrote:
nope, no new clutch as yet. im considering hitting up Exedy to see what they can do for me/anyone who plans boosting in the future

i do work at Autobarn, but i havent heard about this swift as yet. might hafta give them a call and see how its going

You do realise dmwdave has built a turbo New Swift drag car?

I have no idea why you are wasting your time treading the same ground. He has a proven clutch setup, that works... or do you enjoy being put out for weeks on end while people use your car as an R&D platform?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:34 am 

bzchi wrote:
or do you enjoy being put out for weeks on end while people use your car as an R&D platform?

Listen to those words, bzchi has been through the pain, only replace 'weeks' with 'months'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:30 pm 

bzchi wrote:
Mr. Focus wrote:

You do realise dmwdave has built a turbo New Swift drag car?

I have no idea why you are wasting your time treading the same ground. He has a proven clutch setup, that works... or do you enjoy being put out for weeks on end while people use your car as an R&D platform?

anyone who is considering building a boosted swift should know of dave and his cars. had i known he has a proven clutch setup, then i would have approached him for more info. luckily, i've already hit him up to have a look over my car once its boosted to see what they've done and ways we can fix their f**k ups. im guessing clutch setups will come into the conversation somewhere along the line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:05 pm 

StinkyWizzleteats wrote:
On a side note, do you work for Autobarn? and if so do you know any of the guys from Burleigh Autobarn as one of them is turboing their Swift.
Been down there a couple of times but the car is still sitting there with it's front bar off after a couple of months. Looks like they're having a few probs with it.

Guess you're talking about the white one....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:00 pm 

Haribolman wrote:

Yep, when I spoke to one of the guys there he just mentioned that there were some issues they still had to resolve but I didn't bother asking what they were as it was quite busy in the shop.
Do you anything about it?

Mr Focus,
Once you get the clutch sorted out your next port of call will be driveshafts and gearbox, so keep saving $$$ :P :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:32 pm 

StinkyWizzleteats wrote:
Haribolman wrote:

Yep, when I spoke to one of the guys there he just mentioned that there were some issues they still had to resolve but I didn't bother asking what they were as it was quite busy in the shop.
Do you anything about it?

Mr Focus,
Once you get the clutch sorted out your next port of call will be driveshafts and gearbox, so keep saving $$$ :P :lol:

Just pop in and ask him, he's a great bloke im sure he wouldnt mind answering your questions, i just bought a whole new stereo through him for my rex

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:07 am 

while you're there, get some pics... if he lets you. i wouldn't mind seeing the set up he's using

actually, when i get my car back, i'll roll down and have a look

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:53 am 

Mr. Focus wrote:
while you're there, get some pics... if he lets you. i wouldn't mind seeing the set up he's using

actually, when i get my car back, i'll roll down and have a look

If ya get ya car back :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:47 pm 

hahahaha :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:27 pm 

Week 3

Part 3 of the swift boosting adventure is another story. My phone call to the workshop today has displayed more incompetence from the coasts finest. The excuse/problem this time is that Suzuki gave them the wrong wiring diagram for the ECU and the injectors haven't made it yet. The thing i find funny about this is that they've recently wired up the same ECU to Suzuki's demo car so you'd think there would be no difference. The injectors are supposed to be coming from Melbourne, so it should take 3 days by road or overnight by air freight... this i know for a fact!

anyways, hope this kept you entertained

thanks for listening