It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:52 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Remote central locking stopped working!!! x-(
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:12 pm 

Hey all, early this morning the missus and I was coming home from a Birthday party and when we got home we tried locking the car with the remote and it didn't work. We tried hers later on today and it's no longer working either.

I checked the little manual book that comes with the car and it seems there are no fuses that run the remote central locking. Has anyone had this problem and can they advise me of what needs to be done to fix it? If it is just a fuse I don't want to waste my time booking the car in at Suzuki all day just to fix that.

Thanks all :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:52 pm 

Theres a fuse for everything electrical in the car. If you look in your manuel on page 8-24, you will see under MAIN FUSE/PRIMARY FUSE (3) 50A Tail light, Rear defogger, Door Lock, Hazard/Horn, Dome.

The main fuses are located in the engine bay, not under the steering wheel. See if thats blown (shouldn't be), but give that a go.

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:29 pm 

Thanks, I'll have another look. :)

EDIT

Noticed in the manual that if one of the major ones go that are on the battery (the lock one is) nothing would work on the car. Car is fine otherwise, so I guess I'll have to be going to Suzuki to get this fixed. :x

Last edited by LonePhantom on Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:36 pm 

save yourself from finding it, just press the horn, if the horn works then the fuse isnt blown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:49 pm 

Yeah, as edited in my previous post, everything works so not a fuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:20 pm 

Probably a stupid question, but are all the doors [incl boot] properly closed?

I once thought mine had stopped working but the boot was just slightly open, cheeky lil bugger that it is. :D and this meant the doors wouldn't lock using the remote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:31 am 

But you could lock it using the key? When I've locked the car using the key I'm pretty sure I tried the boot as well and it was locked too. I'll check again, even though between the time the remote worked and then didn't I haven't touched the boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:16 pm 

Well I went out to the carpark in my lunch break, opened and closed all doors and the boot and the remote still doesn't work. :( Perhaps I could try resetting the ECU? I just need to take off the negative black wire off the battery for a short while to do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:07 pm 

If the doors arn't locking and opening with the remote, chances are the remote could be busted. Have you dropped it maybe? Or are you using the tv remote by accident :lol:

Try the spare remote and see if that one works.

I've had problems with the remote myself, but that was due to the fact I went swimming with my keys in my pocket. Luckily they worked when the remote dried :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:48 am 

As I said in the first post I have tried my key and my fiances key ;) Neither work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:44 pm 

Well the system is royally fucked! Suzuki tried resetting the codes for the remotes and it wouldn't accept it. Car still locks with the key and has the it's immobiliser, etc running, I just can't open or lock the car with the remote. They say I'm going to have to book it in, they contact Suzuki Australia about it and probably take it to an auto electrician to sort it out. This is terrible for a car that we've only owned for a little over 3 months and was built in December 2005! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:30 am 

get them to put in a viper upgrade for you for stuffing you around :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:00 am 

LonePhantom wrote:
Well the system is royally fucked! Suzuki tried resetting the codes for the remotes and it wouldn't accept it. Car still locks with the key and has the it's immobiliser, etc running, I just can't open or lock the car with the remote. They say I'm going to have to book it in, they contact Suzuki Australia about it and probably take it to an auto electrician to sort it out. This is terrible for a car that we've only owned for a little over 3 months and was built in December 2005! :evil:

sorry to hear about this - be interested in hearing 'why' this has occured - keep us posted.

- I read the New Internationalist http://www.newint.org/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:28 pm 

Sorry to hear about that mate :x :x :x

Luckily it'll be covered by warrenty eh. That sorta stuff seems to be pretty pricey. My sister lost both her keys for her Yaris and it cost $$$$.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:29 pm 

Yeah, my remote locking has been playing up lately, wont lock some times but unlocks ok , thought the battery in the key might be flat already. Havn't tried my spare key yet, so I'll give it a go and see how I go.
(bought the car in October 05)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:26 pm 

My Wife had a similar problem with our '05 Z.

Driving home and she bumped the central locking button on the armrest - the doors all locked but the lights and the dash went out at like 7 o'clock at night. The rear demister also came on and couldn't be switched off. Both remote keys stopped working.
Of course by the next morning the battery was dead. Rang up Martin Jonkers Motors (the dealer I bought it off) and their service manager tried to tell me that everything was the fault of the battery (utter bullshit) and that the vehicle would have to be towed too them at my expense before they could fix it and they wouldn't be able to look at it for at leasy 4 days.
At this point I got kinda cranky as I knew full well that the battery was only symptomatic and not causal in the problems and warranty covers towing to the nearest Suzuki dealer at Suzuki's expense. I managed to jump start the car (don't worry - I earthed to the body and not the battery to do it) and took the car to Northstar Suzuki.
Can't speak highly enough of the team at Northstar - they fitted us in immediately and traced the problem (which I think may be causing everyone else's problems) - mounted near the steering column is a module called the Body Control Module. This module controls all of your interior electrics including your central locking. The crux of the problem is that the cables going into this module are literally only pushed in - so that was my problem - dry connection. The guys at Northstar cleaned the connections and used some spray glue to ensure it stays where it should.
Haven't had a problem since. They even managed to cure the squeaky suspension that Jonker's had tried to fix on four seperate occasions (and failed each time after having the car for the entire day each time) and returned the car to us in around four hours. I'd advise everyone to check out their dealer's service history prior to taking it into them for a warranty repair - you may want to travel a little further to a dealer that actually has mechanics and not lube technicians working for them.

Cheers,

Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:04 am 

a bit off topic but i LOVE the fact that the remote has both open and close buttons seperate instead of having one button and having to look at the indicator lights to check if its open or closed, takes all the guesswork out :) good work Suzuki!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:28 am 

M15A wrote:
a bit off topic but i LOVE the fact that the remote has both open and close buttons seperate instead of having one button and having to look at the indicator lights to check if its open or closed, takes all the guesswork out :) good work Suzuki!

it makes it even easier when you have mirrors that fold up when you lock and led's that come on when you unlock :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:12 am 

M15A wrote:

Which makes only have one button?
All the remotes I've seen all had two individual buttons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:50 am 

jason73 wrote:
took the car to Northstar Suzuki.

There the guy's im currently having awesome problems with for over a week in my fight for warranty on a respray on my bonnet of my poor car.. $730 on paint protection and a bat dropping eats it away like theres no tommorow! :x