It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Baleno enthusiast facebook page
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:28 am 

As titled folks, just a quick post to say that anyone on here that has facebook should pop on and and share your knowledge, experiences and photos with us, ask us questions or even just say hello ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/201417880030884/

Post subject: Re: Baleno enthusiast facebook page
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:38 pm 

Or just share it here....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:04 pm 

Never been a fakebook member, was about to but dont like the whole NSA USA/France/UK New world order BS keeping a true australian hero like Julian Assange captive in a women's toilet.

Keep it real redline your participation here

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:59 am 

lol my only point was that this forum is not very active for baleno fans, also when it says redline gti as the forum name and when first loaded it seems to be mainly dedicated to the swift model. that being said the facebook page was only a starter as a forum is under construction as we speak ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:42 am 

Unfortunately bzchi, I agree with Paul on this one. Balenos aren't really a hot topic here.
From the day I registered here and posted up my hp figures I got nothing but negative feedback and suggestions that I fudged my dyno readout. Which sort of seems to be the case with anyone becoming #1 on the dyno page these days. Nothing but negative comments.
Plus not to mention that this forum is kinda a teenage keyboard warrior venting station lately.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:08 pm 

1600GTI wrote:
Unfortunately bzchi, I agree with Paul on this one. Balenos aren't really a hot topic here.
From the day I registered here and posted up my hp figures I got nothing but negative feedback and suggestions that I fudged my dyno readout. Which sort of seems to be the case with anyone becoming #1 on the dyno page these days. Nothing but negative comments.
Plus not to mention that this forum is kinda a teenage keyboard warrior venting station lately.

I know you know you only got praise from me and I love the baleno project you got going, forget about the teeny boppers they are just jealous and easily ignored. Please keep your updates when you can and moderators will hopefully kindly delete the negativeness that is not warranted in regards, to others own efforts.

Everyone is different and has different needs so I understand where you are coming from but your inputs here are a breath of fresh air for the G series enthusiasts. Especially considering you are using stock rods on such a highly strung setup that few would try.

Paul, I know what you are saying but maybe you can have a project page where no one can comment, like a build diary or blog, freewebs.com has nice free layouts you can link to here also just in case. However communities like this website need to be supported more than the monopolies and suggestions are welcome to make it better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:51 pm 

Yes d and over 3 years you are the one and only positive comment I have had on my build thread.
If this setup were to be in a gti there would be endless positive remarks.
Someone even went to the efforts to chase us to a drag meet and try to put us to shame.
Unlucky for them. Lol.
But after that they have been nice and helpful.
They are two really good fellas now. but my wife and I were first judged upon owning a baleno and having the highest n/a setup here, no one liked that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:35 am 

Why not use this forum to discuss what you want (and promote this forum to do that).. and then more people will use this forum to discuss Balenos...rather than starting again from scratch.

It's self fulfilling.

A large body of Baleno knowledge went away when the original Clubaleno died.

If you need anything additional added to this site to make it better for Baleno people let me know.

As for the URL, try http://www.clubaleno.net / http://www.clubaleno.org / http://www.clubaleno.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:04 pm 

As for making this site better I have a few ideas.

Removing all foul mouthed profanity posts.

Removing all negative or offensive comments

Creating a friendly forum where people can have a question answered with positive remarks rather than the same old 'hey idiot ise the search tool'

and maybe induct some new moderators with a breath of fresh air and enthusiasm.

My wife moderates a facebook page and all the moderators have been asked to like or have positive uplifting comments for every member. No one gets left out it has a positive effect and brings the members back regularly.

Set some rules where repeat offenders will be suspended or banished.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:52 pm 

I'm going to say this as nicely as I can, but you can take it what ever way you want to.

If you think this place is bad, maybe you should go take a look at some other forums, ie boostloosing, jdmst and performance forums... I mean no one here has copped a truck gearbox on their doorstep here yet.

This place is a walk in the park on a sunny Saturday arvo compared to a lot of other forums.

I'd suggest some thicker skin or logging off the Internet if you can't handle handle it here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:05 pm 

Thanks for being nice. I am lucky that you spared me any heartache.
Never said this place was bad.
It just needs a bit of positive enthusiasm.
Not everyone is as tough as you pauly. Some people take offence easily and that should be taken into consideration.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:39 pm 

I haven't really seen any negativity on here apart from a few members that have deserved it. But even then, it's only the Internet and there's no real problem with it until someone makes threats towards someone's life or family.

Or maybe I don't see a lot of stuff on here as negative because of my personal situation growing up. Being a skinny red head (im 65ish kg wringing wet at the age of 25) growing up in western Sydney you need to have thick skin or you'd want to neck yourself by grade 4.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:23 pm 

Sorry your losing me. Being a redhead from western sydney means nothing about this conversation.
We all share the same passion but yet most have their heads so far up their own arse they forget this is a community not who has the coolest or fastest suzuki.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:30 pm 

I am here to offer help and play my part of making this an enjoyable community.
Sorry pauly but you being a redhead from sydney is far from being a person who has had a hard knock life.
I have had a hard life too and I suffer from depression and even I know that there is many more poor bastards having a harder life than me.

Thick or thin skinned who gives a damn. All should be respected.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:06 pm 

1600GTI wrote:

Your dyno sheet had no ramp rates and corrective factors info on the dyno sheet which it why it was not posted originally. You had your car first dynoed with 132hp on the bosch dyno and twice since then and has done 122hp and 120hp on dynos in shoot out mode which all the info and correction values are listed on the sheet. I'm not saying your dyno is fake or made up, bosch dynos are known to read high and the readings most times are taken at the fly not at the wheels using bosch.

You and everyone else should not take it personal i try to make sure all sheets and times entered are apples and apples level playing field. If your at the pointy end of the sheets and have a hp or time entered i'm trying to protect the effort and $$$$ to achieve what ever figure it was so don't think im against you or anyone else I'm just protecting the integrity of the page.

So don't take any of this personal we do all this in our spare time, it takes longer at times depending what we have going on in life to update the pages.

With the facebook page my biggest problem is searching for any info later down the track it is shocking. With posting it on the forum at least the info is here for other people to us later and is able to be searched.

Facebook is loads easier to take pictures/quick updates and upload at events or meets takes seconds may be some thing like cross over of a quick post and upload menu.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 am 

I can see your point Dan, but all this info would have been great to know 4 years ago.
All I got was negative feedback and no replies to explain anything.
But don't worry. Engine will have true readouts soon.

Ps. Dan, your signature ^^^ was changed 4 years ago around the same time you posted my dyno on the charts. That was my warm welcome to the redline forum. :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:56 am 

lets work together theres nothing to it we like suzukis and thats what we should be helping each other with, the choices one makes for their ride is theirs alone, should be respected and its excellent when its shared for others to read and not put down I agree. We are all different and I prefer it that way than everyone trying to be the same.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:19 pm 

1600GTI wrote:
I can see your point Dan, but all this info would have been great to know 4 years ago.

Ps. Dan, your signature ^^^ was changed 4 years ago around the same time you posted my dyno on the charts. That was my warm welcome to the redline forum. :(

Your new engine will be interesting to see and im hope you have trouble free run from now on remember what happens now makes going faster more rewarding later.

With my signature its for people that are the complete opposite to you ironically at the time it was for flygti talking his car up and not doing anything with it. You track race, quarter mile and have a big dyno figure no-where to hide where some people run a massive dyno figure and never run the quarter to see the MPH to confirm the hp.

Its like cappa love what the guys doing love how keen he is seems to be building the new direction we all are thinking of going with the new engines and sound like has the build to reset the Hp figure for our engines. BUT gets in fights with other members like he has already shown he has the HP but he has never posted one dyno sheet at all he spits on members who have proven and put the $$$$ down to get the figure like your self and find it wrong to be so rude to members who have gone to the effort to get there cars measured and post up results. I'm sure he thinks i against him which i'm not i started the page to stop the bullshit with this car did this or my car did that, its easy if it did its on the page if not send the dyno sheet in other wise IT DID NOT.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:43 pm 

1600GTI wrote:

Dude you should work on your car for your self and not to get positive comments from people. Remember there'll always be better cars out there, so negative comments will always come from people that either have or THINK that have a better ride than yours. The moment you stop caring what others think, you'll start fully enjoying your car :wink:.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:22 pm 

elbola wrote:
Dude you should work on your car for your self and not to get positive comments from people. Remember there'll always be better cars out there, so negative comments will always come from people that either have or THINK that have a better ride than yours. The moment you stop caring what others think, you'll start fully enjoying your car :wink:.

Dude, don't know if you read one of my prior posts but I have depression
It's a very dark place to be. No matter what I do or try, I can't seem to get any positive attitude from it.
So when your in my shoes you seek others to retrieve a positive comment.
Kinda sick of hearing people say harden the f up.
And pauly is right you need to have thick skin. Unfortunately some don't and as pauly said again 'if you don't, probably end up necking himself'.
Not that he knew I had depression, but that's not the kinda s**t I wanna hear. but removing negative attitude helps people like me.
Can't expect everyone to be 'hard'
These days no one has good things to say, people only have their input when they don't like something.
That is why depression is on the rise.