It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Newbee from Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:56 am 

Hi there everyone, names Paul. I have a Baleno GSR which i have had the pleasure of owning for just over a year now. Few things though. I have read that Liana coilovers bolt on but brake flexi mount is different. Are they straight fits? also does anyone know about the gear problem on baleno's my gears are notchy like the gear synchros are shot but i find it hard to believe that they all will be shot. and finaly i have also been informed about a fuel gauge issue, anyone know about this?

anyway here is a photo of my baleno:

Attachments:
File comment: Dyno printout from my baleno
IMG_0203.jpg
IMG_0203.jpg [ 2.15 MiB | Viewed 291 times ]
IMG_0129.jpg
IMG_0129.jpg [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 295 times ]

Post subject: Re: Newbee from Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:50 pm 

Welcome to a small, but elite group.

Crunchy 'box - check the fluid in the clutch master cylinder. If it's not clean and clear - or it's full of black stuff - the rubbers in the master cylinder may have broken down.
Other thing they don't like is old or heavy gearbox oil. Once they start crunching, the only fix is a rebuild that includes bearings and syncro's.
Clutch might be worn out.

Haven't heard of any 'issue' with the fuel gauge. Possible you have an earthing problem with the cluster.

There are posts round saying the Ksport Liana / Aerio coilovers can be fitted to the Baleno. Look in the Swift Technical FAQ for a similar post using WRX struts. WRX struts are a lot more difficult than using the Liana / Aerio struts. If you don't find anything, PM me and I'll give you a link about the Ksport struts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:25 am 

cheers mate, thanks for the reply. not too fussed about the gearbox issue. doesnt bother me too much. as for the suspension i found some liana coilovers in the uk so i am currently saving for those. i had my car rolling roaded again at the beginning of november and after fitting a BMC CDA carbon induction kit and sorting out my crappy exhaust i have 130.7 Bhp so i am pretty chuffed. would like to do some more performance stuff soon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:01 am 

Hi guys, realised that i hadnt posted anything on here for a good while. Quick run down on what has been going on. Iv since fitted a set of liana BC racing coilovers, wider 15" alloys and lower profile tyres, slotted brake discs, HEL braided brake lines with 5.1 brake fluid and front and rear strut braces. odd cosmetic modificatons but nothing drastic. hope you guys like it.

Attachment:
IMG_0374.jpg
IMG_0374.jpg [ 173.19 KiB | Viewed 241 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_0399.png
IMG_0399.png [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 237 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_0400.png
IMG_0400.png [ 917.59 KiB | Viewed 247 times ]

I did get the gearing sorted after replacing the gearbox oil twice, now nice and smooth with no issues. i have a 2.0 aerio header, 2.0 vitara crankshaft and rods, timing chain kit and new black diamond performance clutch waiting to be fitted. Got to sort out bearings and piston rings before i can crack on with things though ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:02 am 

Fuel gauge was a dodgy earth wire, got the terminal cut off and re routed it to an area less exposed and all is working well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:44 am 

new wheels look great. car looks good too. keep it up.

GTP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:10 am 

cheers man, looks wise im pretty happy with it. maybe a lip kit or something but otherwise it will be staying as is.