It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Mk3 power window track rubber replacement
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:16 am 

My power window rubber is a major hassle to keep working and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know if wind up rubbers are the same? I am guessing they are different in a cino and do they come in a powered version? I hate to think what a genuine replacment would cost.

Post subject: Re: Mk3 power window track rubber replacement
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 am 

Not sure on your question specifically. But I would take a section of your rubber to Rare Spares and see what they have in stock. My local Rare Spares is a gold mine for that kind of things and the sell it by the metre. Better yet if you have the car and access to it my local guys will test fit a section to be sure it fits :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:07 pm 

I need the whole piece that runs up the channel across the pillar and down the other side and the top section is different from the sides. The side bits are the usual sort of thing but the pillar section is kind of a side sealing profile which i assume is a suzuki profile and they look like they have been molded seperately and then bonded/glued to make the one piece. I think suzispares has them on their website which they call a bailey channel rubber $160 roundabouts. I am waiting for confirmation but i have had the door card off about a hundred times in the last few months and i am over it. The site says suzuki is the supplier so it could be worth the effort.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:25 pm 

Bailey channel,is right my drivers side one was split orded genuine one to replace it from memory was around $140.00 I can get you the part number when I get home if it helps.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:34 pm 

I should be right but feel free to get it on record. It's the drivers side on my car as well. I guess the window does more work than the passenger side. My passenger side looks pretty good and works ok with some dry lube but the drivers side is swelling in places and is getting these weird ripples and breaking into strips which tend to coil up and bogg down the window motor. It seems worse at the straight section near the mirror, always tries to stick there and pulls the other end out of the channel. I am surprised at how much punishment the motor can take.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:45 pm 

saczel wrote:
Does anyone know if wind up rubbers are the same?

Rubbers are the same if the number of doors matches. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:22 pm 

Nice to know, i was not too sure about the aa34s vs cino chassis. I always thought the power windows where different and the two door cinos where wind ups. I don't suppose someone has a cheap good condition one they can part with? $166 plus postage for the new one is worth the effort for me if it fixes it for good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 pm 

If it helps part number for mine was 83661-60B01 and just going over the paper work and the price was about the same good luck with it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:50 pm 

Thanks for that. It's nice to know the proper part number. I will probably have to buy the suzispares/suzistore rubber just to keep my sanity. I have wasted soo much time on this. I noticed they only had right hand sides on offer which is all i need for now. Maybe teamswift.com get a good deal on the other side.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:21 pm 

Hey, how'd you go with the channel rubber?
I've found the same problem, like the rubber doesn't sit quite home near the mirror.
Possibly a design fault, but it would have been nice for the rubber to be felt lined!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:35 am 

Still using the original one. A piece broke off and ended up sticking out of the gap when the window was down so i ripped it off so i could shut the window. Seems to be working ok at the moment so i am leaving it alone for now. I will get new rubber eventually.