It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:39 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: GTI/CAPPO/TURBO
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 am 

Hey Guys, thanks for all the sound advice and patience. I 've been dragging my heels trying to decide mainly because ecu stuff is a black hole.

I have come to a decision and will use 2nd hand Vipec, Autronic, Adaptronic or at a push Haltech rather than a new Microtech, also depending what the deal is for either 2nd hand unit. Been looking on eBay & gumtree with a few options there. Plenty Micro----'s for sale but add $350 to then still reconfigure and why so many for sale????? Cheap to buy then upgrade later?

My plan is to Nip & Tuck it into the Cappo loom as most of the engine plugs same as G13B. What I can see so for is the g13b has 2 wires to distributor and 2 for the 4 injectors whereas the Cappo is 3 for each. Other than that all looks same with both being Suzuki. It will either work or go up in a cloud of smoke.
Been quoted 2k just to do wiring, which is big pill to swallow on my budget for the build without the wife finding out what I'm spending :shock:

Thanks again to all.
The free information and advise on this site is invaluable =D>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:34 am 

Hey Guys,
I finally committed and bought an a/m ecu. And the winner is....Vipec v88 with loom, now I need to splice it into the Cappo one. I would have loved the newest/latest up to date ecu but price dictated which way I went, so hope I made the correct choice and it will be OK. Price was less than the cheapest Microtech.

I down loaded the V88 manual to start reading up on what I'm in for when I get back home, but I think its in Chinese and no meaning at this stage. Anyone got a set of points and a single choke carburetor for G13B? :wink:

Watch this space for a string of questions and a plea for help :?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:55 am 

Just fit R1 carbs with mk1 Dizzy!

Your engine will run OK with very fast reving setup.
Much cheaper than aftermarket ECU setup.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:05 pm 

I did think of going down that path, but decided I wanted turbo power and not have to wring it's neck if N/A. Although plus 9000rpm does sound nice but at a cost. It certainly would have been quicker to get back on the road.
I've bought the Vipec v88 ecu now and 90% turbo ready so will see it thru till its running on the stock g13b motor. 2ND engine is turbo spec with low comp, forged internals and ARP studs kits etc. So down the track the stock motor could turn into a N/A screamer.