It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Ignis Sport 200,000km service
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:48 pm 

Anyone know what kind of things should be done for an Ignis Sport about to tick over to 200,000kms? Any big items need doing or adjusting, or is it just a thorough check-over and keep on trucking with the normal regular fluid changes?

The thing still feels strong and bullet-proof; I'd hate to miss something important..

Post subject: Re: Ignis Sport 200,000km service
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:03 pm 

From memory I think I had the brakes machined, coolant system flushed, spark plugs replaced, chain checked and the usual fluids replaced.

Probably around that amount of kms an ignition coil started going on my Ignis, and that could be worth checking before it becomes a major problem. It started as an occasional miss while sitting at the lights. It had to be professionally diagnosed though with the right equipment.

Also get the aircon serviced if it hasn't been recently. A bearing went in mine taking out the compressor, expensive to fix and much cheaper if caught early.

If you can afford get the leads done though mine still seem fine so I haven't bothered.

Check all belts, especially the alternator belt and make sure it has been replaced. Mine was overlooked and exploded. Thankfully I pulled over and had it towed to a nearby mechanic.

My rear brake discs are due to be replaced very soon so yours may be the next big expense if they haven't already been done.

The Ignis isn't bullet proof but it is a pretty reliable car. Regular maintenance is the key.