It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 05 Swift Double Din DVD/GPS/Bluetooth/Reverse Camera,etc
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:50 pm 

I must do some research, because I've previously found websites that show you how to hack into the GUI of car computers and entertainment systems...so there may be some info out there in cyberspace on how to ruin this myself!! :shock: :lol: :roll: =D> :wink: :P :D #-o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:50 pm 

Yeah, I did a bit of a search after you last mentioned this was possible. But after a couple of hours, I couldn't find anything. It's a big virtual world though, so I may have mis-googled it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:29 pm 

i successfully got GARMINXT 5, TOMTOM7, SYGIC DRIVE (original software) , ROUTE66 v7 all 4 running on the same sd card.. also got it to load into WIN CE, and access to control panels and explorer..tried playing games on it.. not really playable.. :mrgreen:

i also set the software so when press NAV button it loads up a menu to select which program to run first.. ..it can be set to load onto desktop first if you want..but you wont be able to get the full wince function..registry and settings gets deleted when u turn of the car..

really happy with the system =]

Garmin seems to be the best GUI.. looks great..works good.. :lol:
photos added below.. kinda blurry...also blured out some street names.. :wink:

Attachment:
File comment: system menu... when press NAV button.. select a program to start..
DSCN0474.JPG
DSCN0474.JPG [ 128.97 KiB | Viewed 8838 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Desktop...didnt really use desktp so didnt edit much setting only change wallaper to swift picture.. hehe
DSCN0476.JPG
DSCN0476.JPG [ 117.76 KiB | Viewed 8841 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Windows Explorer...good shiett... press the button OSD on ur remote control to bring up the top part with minimize and stuff..
DSCN0477.JPG
DSCN0477.JPG [ 120.93 KiB | Viewed 8819 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: TomTOm7 Startup Menu..
DSCN0478.JPG
DSCN0478.JPG [ 110.76 KiB | Viewed 8797 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Ready to navigate on TomTom7..
DSCN0480.JPG
DSCN0480.JPG [ 144.19 KiB | Viewed 8804 times ]

here is the freeware menu loader software if anyone wants... no GPS software included..ONLY MENU SYSTEM!
RAPIDSHARE - HBS.TXT_SYSTM_LDER.zip
MEGAUPLOAD - HBS.TXT_SYSTM_LDER.zip

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:02 pm 

kspec wrote:
i successfully got GARMINXT 5, TOMTOM7, SYGIC DRIVE (original software) , ROUTE66 v7 all 4 running on the same sd card.. also got it to load into WIN CE, and access to control panels and explorer..tried playing games on it.. not really playable.. :mrgreen:

i also set the software so when press NAV button it loads up a menu to select which program to run first.. ..it can be set to load onto desktop first if you want..but you wont be able to get the full wince function..registry and settings gets deleted when u turn of the car..

really happy with the system =]

WOW!!!! :shock: And then some.... 8)

I am very impressed! You actually managed to do it...even without my help (sorry about that!)

You mention Garmin is the best...does it have spoken street names, rather thean just route numbers that the original Whereis uses?

So, what are the advantages of what you've done? I don't understand the changes you've made enough to fully realise the beauty of it. But it sure seems like you've taken a giant step forward. Perhaps you can expand on what you can now do in layman's terms!

Excellent work!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:42 pm 

Hi kspec,

Well done from me also. =D>

Do you now have the knowledge to find the GUI files for the Radio, etc.....

I'd love to work out how to alter the colour scheme so it is much more visible in the daylight. The navigation interfaces are pretty good, but the interfaces that came with the Polaris/Caska unit for Radio and some other features are pretty crap.

Does your Windows CE interface give access to these files and possibly the access to modify them?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:08 pm 

Haribolman - im not really sure about spoken street names.. havnt herd it.. but it does have red light camera alert... music pause and it says "red light camera" something like that.. and also lots of POI.. hehe

nomad71 - .. in wince u can access registry, unhide hidden files and and install *.cab files.... but after u reset the system it doesnt save the settings everything is errased,only what u install in the SD card will save..... wince is actualli just the NAV function.. i think the radio/dvd GUI is in the firmware chip not on the wince flash chip.. i can change the colors of the road/text in the sygic drive software but not the radio/dvd stuff..

if you download my attachment.. put in another SD card..and click on WINCE icon u will get into the my computer section and access the wince stuff.. see what you can do.. i havnt really bothered looking through it..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:05 pm 

Hey was just wondering where you got your dash mold from? and how easy is it ti replace?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:39 pm 

I have just ordered

The Caska Unit from Efrontier $745
The TV Tuner and Remote $38
Plus Delivery came to $822 all up

The Fascia I got off Ebay from SashiiShop in Carbon Fibre for $69 delivered
The Wiring Harness from Super Cheap for $8.45
The Reverse Camera I got off Ebay for $38 delivered

Next week on my 4 weeks off work I will begin to install it and let you all know how it goes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:18 pm 

I am just about to buy one of these Caska units.
Polaris are saying they will no longer sell the GPS software seperately "due to people buying units overseas and buying their software".... :roll:
Where can I pick up Australian software?
Will any nav software on an SD Card work?
What is the best to use?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:45 am 

I am in the same situation as Cashie, based on everyone's experience with the Caska unit, I am ready to buy one but would like to know where I am going to get the Australian maps from (especially Western Australian maps) for the GPS to work.

Any advice would be greatly aprpeciated.

Post subject: TPMS
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:21 pm 

Latest upgrade to the Polaris...

http://www.redlinegti.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38902

Post subject: New Digital Screen Polaris
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:50 pm 

I was down in Sydney last week getting the software upgraded in my Polaris and they mentioned that they will soon be releasing a new version with a digital TFT screen. So I did some research and this is what I found. Already released overseas, the new Polaris / Caska has a screen upgraded from the old analogue resolution of 480 x 234 to the digital 800 x 480.

The new unit also features a virtual 6 disc CDC (seems to be a hard drive that stores up to 6 discs on it), the video screen now features zoom and the TPMS has an interesting feature that allows you to tell the unit when you've rotated the tyres so it re-assigns the signal from the valve transmitters to their new locations! Smooth!

Caska's Chinese site gives details http://www.coagent.cn/view_pro.php?id=35 and they now have a Europe site showing the new unit http://www.caska.com/user-interface-sample/

Also, I have found them selling on ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320457977089&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Note: All of the new units I've found so far are designed for particular vehicles, not a universal type like we use in the Swift.

While I was getting my software upgraded I discovered that because my unit is one of the early analogue models, it has the old GUI in it. The newer analogue models have a much easier to read GUI where the colours have been changed to make it easy to read in daylight. I also discovered that there's a hidden menu that allows you to change contrast settings (a different menu to those mentioned in the handbook) and I found out that my settings were way off! So they adjusted them and now I've got a much brighter screen in daylight!

For the record, the software upgrade on the early models fixes the bug that turned the bluetooth off when deselcting reverse gear! It also fixes an iPod bug. It also changes the colour of several menu items making them very easy to see in daylight. And finally, the upgrade included a complete new CD/DVD drive being installed to eliminate potential skipping issues (which I've never had despite running coilovers and 35 series, 18" tyres!!!).

So, I'm now a happy camper with a brighter screen and easier to read screen items and I recommend anyone looking at a new unit to wait for the digital screen...it'll be worth it!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:12 pm 

How do I know if my Acer Aspire has bluetooth capability? I am trying to connect my Palm Centro to my (newer) Acer Aspire and neither my phone or my laptop will recognize one another. I know for a fact that my phone has bluetooth capabilities and that they are turned on, but when I press the bluetooth button on my laptop it shows a red "x" through the bluetooth symbol.

Last edited by samiya on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:56 pm 

Thats awesome, i would love to upgrade to sumthin like this in my 07 sport. I really miss my bluetooth outta my old car and that looks like it has everything!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:17 pm 

hell yeah tidy and a good effort.

HTTP://WWW.360-HQ.COM

HTTP://CRUIZERS.FORUMUP.COM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 pm 

Johnny Swift wrote:
Thats awesome, i would love to upgrade to sumthin like this in my 07 sport. I really miss my bluetooth outta my old car and that looks like it has everything!!!

There's a very affordable way to have something similar in your car now...and it comes complete as a one piece unit that simply replaces your entire audio panel!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370312021281&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Check it out! Price and specs look really good. And yes, it has the high res digital LCD screen.

Alternatives include the Polaris unit with digital LCD screen for $1695 http://polarisgps.com.au/index1.html

I also notice that the Caska version (from which the Polaris is rebadged) can be bought on ebay for just over $1000. I can't find a generic or Suzuki specific version just yet, but this will give you an idea of what's available. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Caska-Mazda-3-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-RDS-USB-SD-TV-iPod_W0QQitemZ220536987892QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item33590760f4

Post subject: Polaris Rocks!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:59 pm 

Well, I just want to mention how happy I am with the Polaris customer service. (Hi Nicole!!!)

Had been having issues getting my GPS to lock onto a signal. Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't.

Sent my unit to Polaris Head Office in Sydney and they although it is long out of warranty, they replaced the GPS module, updated the maps and posted it back...all for free!!!!!

The map updates usually cost me $165, and if you add in the price of a new GPS module, labour and then return postage...I think I just saved at least $300!!

So a very big thank you Nicole!

My Polaris is working better than ever. Locks onto a full GPS signal usually in under a minute. Sometimes almost immediately. And holds the signal even under cover!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:19 pm 

Hey Hari,

Thanks for the update. They also helped me out by reloading maps onto my SD card after the unit stopped finding the map software. I am having a couple of issues though:

1. If I set a destination and then switch off the car, when the car is started again and navigation selected, the map software calculates a route from somewhere in Sydney (I think) before eventually deciding I'm in Brisbane and re-calculating the route. It take so long that sometimes I have to pull over and wait for it to catch up so I know where the next turn is. I wonder if there is a way to set my default location (I've already set my home location).

2. Although the unit holds my radio station data, whenever the car is started the radio defaults to the first station programmed in rather than the last station I was listening too.

3. Along a similar vein to the last point, every time I start the car, the graphic equaliser is switched on even if I've switched it off last time I was in the car. These last two issues are almost like it's not holding its settings even though it still holds the radio station tuning data.

4. I'd love to update the firmware like you have to improve the colours and visibility of some screens. However, I'm not about to pull the unit out and send it away or drive to Sydney. Are there any other options for me to update the firmware?

Hope you have some knowledge/experience in any of these areas. Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:50 pm 

nomad71 wrote:
Hey Hari,

Thanks for the update. They also helped me out by reloading maps onto my SD card after the unit stopped finding the map software. I am having a couple of issues though:

I think you'll need to contact Polaris about these issues.

I'm not having them as far as I can tell.

As for updating the firmware, it can only be done at their office in Sydney. So, unless you post it or drive it there, you're only other laternative might be to invest in the new digital screen model!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:22 am 

Does anybody know if and how I can upgrade firmware on my Caska with the New European GUI?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next