It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: 05 Swift Double Din DVD/GPS/Bluetooth/Reverse Camera,etc
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:02 pm 

zedd wrote:
Go to the GPS settings, browse for the folder and then the executable. Save that path and IGO should load again. That is also how you change from IGO to one of the GPS programs or update IGO to a new version. You load the new GPS software on the SD card, change the path, pick the executable and away you go with another GPS package.

Wow! I just learnt so much! I was able to solve the problem thanks very much to you! I have one remaining issue. For some reason, each time I exit IGO, either when turning off the car or when manually exiting out of the IGO program, it forgets the GPS settings and I have to go into IGO settings, deselect whatever port is selected and do an Autodetect. It quickly finds the GPS and off I go.

Does it sound like this is something else I've stuffed up somehow? It's weird because the program that IGO runs on top off shows full GPS contact when I check its settings.

Also, I was able to load the IGO program out of my parent's car (with a 7" system) and the same thing ocurred...it needs autodetect to find the GPS!

And then I loaded the latest Primo IGO 2011 maps I bought online, and everything worked fine, except it sat on "Auto detecting GPS" and didn't find it, and I couldn't find a manual setting to do anything about it. But I hope I can get the latest Primo maps working because I prefer the layout and all the extras it includes...currencies, calculator, shoe sizes!!!, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:32 pm 

The IGO that works - look in the root of the folder for sys.txt. Open it and look for a section like this:

[gps]
background_navigation=1
logging=0
port=2
baud=57600
port=1
baud=4800

source=”nmea”
disable_advanced=0
default_latitude=50.08269
default_longitude=14.55590
set_messages=0

The baud and port settings are what your interested in. Go to the new version, look for sys.txt. Check the GPS section. Baud will probably say Auto. GPS is normally installed on port 1. Change the Baud rates to be the same as the ones from the working version (make a note of the current setting just in case you have to reinstate them) That should make it fire up. I don't have a copy of Primo installed but the clip is from a Primo sys.txt Don't change anythisg else, just the baud rate number.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:34 pm 

zedd wrote:
The IGO that works - look in the root of the folder for sys.txt. Open it and look for a section like this:

Ok, first issue is that I don't have an IGO that is working without manually selecting AUTODETECT in it's GPS settings. The IGO map supplied with the new headunit is not finding the GPS by itself!

When I looked in sys.txt under [gps] it says port = 2 and baud = 9600. However, I just put the card back into the car and did an AUTODETECT and this time it selected port 1 and baud 38400.

To further complicate matters, I had a look in the sys.txt of the new Primo IGO9 map and there's no [gps] file at all!! Hmmm.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:35 pm 

IGO and Primo will work without a sys.txt file. If you want to customise your experience you will get good at tweaking sys.txt.

The GPS baud rate will be one of the following:
4800, 9800, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200

If the baud rate in the sys file does not match the hardware, it won't talk. My unit won't work on Auto - has to be set to correct speed.

Download this tool IGO / Primo Sys Generator Tool works for IGO 8 - I don't have 9 but should make a compatible file.
Save your sys.txt first (so you can see what some of the answers should be) and then go to it. If you mess things up entirely, just delete sys.txt and have another go. Good idea to only add features you have (and only one at a time in case it breaks) and keep the file as small as possible.

Good luck should you decide to play. Nothing you can do that delete won't fix.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:16 am 

The thing is, the IGO map supplied with my new system works fine in my parent's car. It finds the GPS without issue. When loaded into my car, the same map won't find the GPS without me doing an AUTODETECT.

Also, the IGO map out of my parent's car, works fine in their system but has the idebntical issue when loaded onto my system. I manually have to do an AUTODETECT for it to find the GPS.

Surely this proves the problem is not in the cards, but in the Console program on my system not telling the card where to find the GPS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:42 pm 

In photos, here's what happens...

IGO loads

Attachment:
DSC_1863.jpg
DSC_1863.jpg [ 278.36 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

No satellite connection

Attachment:
DSC_1865.jpg
DSC_1865.jpg [ 268.94 KiB | Viewed 201 times ]

So I deselect the GPS Enabled box and do an Autodetect.

Attachment:
DSC_1867.jpg
DSC_1867.jpg [ 229.8 KiB | Viewed 206 times ]

It then scans...

Attachment:
DSC_1868.jpg
DSC_1868.jpg [ 251.04 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]

and finds...

Attachment:
DSC_1869.jpg
DSC_1869.jpg [ 256.27 KiB | Viewed 195 times ]

GPS connected

Attachment:
DSC_1870.jpg
DSC_1870.jpg [ 182.41 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]

Full satellite connection

Attachment:
DSC_1871.jpg
DSC_1871.jpg [ 286.07 KiB | Viewed 181 times ]

Post subject: Problem Solved!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 pm 

Problem Solved!!
And I'm one happy camper!

Hard to believe, but all I had to do was change the port number in the sys.txt from 2 to 1. And voila, it finds it every time!! Many thanks to those who helped, and most thanks to the supplier because he went to lots of trouble with many emails and photos to make sure I got it working. I'm highly recommending this guy!

He also solved my reverse camera issue. I was getting a reversed image and all I had to do was change the mirror setting in the menu (the way it was written I thought it simply turned the camera on or off, not mirror image on or off!!).

So, using this new found information, I then reprogrammed my new Primo IGO9 map and hey presto, I have the latest maps with a much nicer full-screen layout (I didn't like IGO8's default skin with two much space taken up with menus. So now, on my 8" screen, the GPS is ridiculously easy to use!!

I'm loving it. And I tell you, for just over $300, this unit is the duck's nuts!!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:57 pm 

can you please post where you got it from, im interested in getting on soon to replace my jvc head unit

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:02 pm 

DSWIFT_2U wrote:
can you please post where you got it from, im interested in getting on soon to replace my jvc head unit

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/909923/211372371-545668621/Hot-selling-special-car-dvd-for-Suzuki-Swift.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:17 am 

coco344 wrote:
the manfuacture for the device is caska 8" with reslution 800*480

I sent for the caska company 5 emails but they did not answer me

plz. I need your help

Sorry, but your problem is way beyond my capabilities. Perhaps someone else reading this will have some idea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6